1.22 - Confessions

Aria reluctantly picked up her phone

Aria reluctantly picked up her phone. It had been a few days since she had last spoken with Stefan. She still wasn't completely over their last little encounter, but as she scrolled through her phone looking for his number, she glanced the same - A message glowing through her tiny phone screen that had told her and Hanna to break up with Stefan and Damon. She knew she had to do it, but each time she inched her finger closer to Stefan's number, she felt a surge go through her entire her body, she'd had to do it, she just had to hear his voice for the last time...

--Ring Ring --

Aria held the phone up to her ear, biting the corner of her mouth nervously.

She heard a sound like someone rifling through their pocket. All of a sudden, she heard a deep, familiar voice, "Aria?"

"Stefan, hi," Aria spoke - she couldn't even force the words out of her mouth, too many emotions were overflowing her brain and she couldn't make sense of them all... She had so many things to tell Stefan but because of -A she couldn't.

Stefan took a deep breath, "Aria, I'm... I'm sorry. I wanted to call you so many times, I just..."

Aria cut him off, "I asked you not too, I know," her words were beginning to bubble over each other. Her throat was beginning to get all choked up from the news that she was about to tell Stefan, "Stefan, I don't think that I can do this anymore-"

Stefan interrupted her, "Aria. I know about -A," he said bluntly.

Aria's eyes widened, "What? How?"

"It's a long story," Stefan said reassuringly, "Damon and I are working on it."

Aria sat up urgently, "Stefan, you don't know what you're getting yourself into," she replied, "I don't think you understand. This person is the most twisted, demented psycho you'll ever meet I-" Aria's voice suddenly got even more nervous, her hands gripped both her phone and her duvet cover. She couldn't even think of Stefan going after this, she didn't even know what "it"or -A was.

Stefan looked down at his feet and then stared outwards with a serious glance as he held on to his phone. Even though he couldn't see Aria, he could tell what she was feeling, "Aria, I promise. We're more connected to this -A monster more than you'll ever know," he furrowed his brow and bit his bottom lip slightly - trying to express some kind of concern or comfort to Aria over the phone, "I promise. I'll protect you. Whatever it takes."

Aria leaned back on her bed frame as she tried to make sense of this entire conversation. She brushed her raven-black hair backward in frustration. She couldn't have predicted the next words that would come out of her mouth, but they did.

"Stefan. I love you,"

Stefan smiled slightly at the sound of this statement. Even though they had only been together for a while, and now they were apart. He wanted so badly to rush to her house to see her but he knew that he couldn't. Then with a deep breath, Stefan replied, "I love you Aria."