1.15 - The Original Love Triangle

1864 - Virginia:

1864 - Virginia:

"You all right, Miss Katherine?" Stefan spoke in a Southern gentleman-like manner, as he approached Katherine Pierce who was dressed in a period gown and carried a parasol.

"Yes, I'm fine Mr. Salvatore," Katherine replied, smiling coyly back at Stefan. She couldn't help but smile every time that she saw Stefan - despite taking enjoyment in toying with the two boys, Damon and Stefan - Stefan had always been her favorite. Perhaps it was his sincere, pure Southern gentleman-like manner that she had preferred over Damon's love-sick attitude towards her.

"I'm glad that you've lengthened your stay with us," Stefan replied, bowing his head in acknowledgement of Katherine's presence, "My father has taken a likening to you here, so has Damon," he smiled cheekily.

"And you Mr. Salvatore?" Katherine said, looking flirtatiously up from her parasol. The hot Virginian sun reflecting off of her ivory skin, "Are you not happy, as well?"

"Of course Miss Katherine," Stefan spoke, as he tenderly grabbed her hand and kissed it, "I hope that you will accompany me to the end of the summer festivities this evening?"

"Why! I would be delighted, Mr. Salvatore," Katherine replied, her smile had become even brighter at the thought of Stefan as her escort to the Salvatore's annual Summer ball.

"I look forward to your company," Stefan said, as put his arm out for Katherine to hold and lead her through his family's garden. Katherine walked beside him, with a demure expression. She loved Stefan with all of her heart - her being. She wanted to be with him forever.

________________

"You look absolutely beautiful this evening, Miss Katherine," Damon whispered into Katherine's ear, "Won't you do me the honor of saving me the last dance?

"You look absolutely beautiful this evening, Miss Katherine," Damon whispered into Katherine's ear, "Won't you do me the honor of saving me the last dance?." He touched Katherine's hand lightly, as the crowds of party guests were gossiping and dancing around them.

"Why, Mr. Montgomery, I'm not sure that is so appropriate," Katherine replied, looking up from her fan, "Your best friend is my escort after all."

Damon took Katherine by her satin glove and led her to a small, dark corner of the room. He kissed her passionately. Katherine's fan fell to the floor as she held onto to Damon's face - consumed by his kiss.