2.6 - The Fields Witches: A History

1864: Virginia

1864: Virginia

"Everything's set, Miss Katherine," a young woman spoke as she bowed her head politely to Katherine Pierce, who was propped up against a dainty stool as she primped her hair in the mirror and gazed admiringly at her reflection.

"Why thank you, Emily," Katherine replied without turning around, "After midnight, Damon, Stefan and I can finally be together, together forever." She muttered in her usual, distinctive sneer.

Emily Bennet raised her head at the sound of this statement, she wouldn't dare warn Miss Katherine against the dangers of messing with the two most noble gentlemen in Rosewood Falls. How could she tell Katherine that for Damon and Stefan to undergo their vampire transitions she would be violating a long-line of trust put forth by the rest of her witch ancestors and comrades who came before her?

"Miss Katherine, I must warn you, if this transition is complete, if I summon my powers to produce not one but two daylight rings for these boys, oversee their dual transitions, I'm not sure if I'll have enough, I don't know if I'll be able to live." Emily Bennet stopped. At the sound of her last few words, she had grabbed Katherine's attention.

Katherine zoomed towards Emily at vampire speed and tenderly stroked her cheek as if she were toying with a pet, "Emily, there's nothing to worry about. Everything should go accordingly. Now, if you would be so kind, make yourself useful and finish lacing my corset strings. I'm late to a date with Stefan Salvatore for this evening's summer festivities."

Reluctantly, Emily sighed to herself and obliged her 'friend's' orders. She knew that she couldn't summon the amount of power that Katherine Pierce was expecting her to. She needed help, and there was only one other witch that could help her: Rosella Fields.

______________________________

"You have to tell her it can't be done, Emily

"You have to tell her it can't be done, Emily. You can't keep sacrificing yourself and your powers for some vampire friend" Rosella Fields spoke through an angry, hushed, Southern tone. She had agreed to meet her witch friend, Emily Bennet in the woods - away from the prying, malicious eyes and ears of Katherine Pierce- to make one last effort that would convince Emily to betray her vampire 'friend' and re-join the supreme ranks of the Witches Council.