10 ~ Early practice

AAAAHHHHHHH SOME PANLIX COMING YOUR WAY GUYS (oops spoiler alert)

<<<Day 10>>>

Adelina turned to knob to her house's front door, exhausted. High school was soul sucking, she thought bitterly. It drains you until you feel dead inside. Right then, all she wanted was to sink into her bed's comforting arms.

"Hey there sweetie," her mother called out from the kitchen as Adelina dumped her bag onto the ground in the hallway. "I baked you a few cupcakes. How was-" she cut herself off as she saw her older daughter standing in the doorway. Her mother's eyes narrowed. "Oh, its you. I thought it was-"

"Angie, yeah, I figured," Adelina finished for her. Her mother never called her sweetie, or anything at all for that matter. "So, I had a really hard day today," she began as she plopped herself onto a seat in front of the counter as her mother returned to the kitchen.

Adelina usually went to her father for that kind of stuff, but he was gone for a couple of days on a business trip. Besides, her therapist had told her that speaking to her mother about things that affected her could help strengthen their relationship. That's what he'd said, but what he'd meant was that it could help diminish the fights. She hadn't been keen on trying it out, but she figured, what was the worst that could happen?

"You know my history teacher, Karely?" she started explaining. "Well he-"

Her mother turned around, wiping her hands on her apron. "Listen Adelina, I'm really busy here, and I honestly couldn't care less."

Adelina was taken aback. "What?"

She rolled her eyes. "I don't have the time for your complaining, okay? And I'm not interested in hearing you whine about your life," she snapped. "As if you actually had something you could justifiably complain about."

Her daughter was stricken silent for a few seconds. "Are you serious?" she finally exploded. "I'm trying, over here, had you not noticed. I'm trying to have an actual conversation with you, to talk civilly, so that things could be better between us." Her mother had her back turned to her, stirring something into a bowl. "Look at me!" she screamed.

Taken by surprise, her mother let go of what she'd been holding as it clattered to the floor, spilling its contents everywhere. "Now look what you've done," she reprimanded angrily.

"What I've done?" she repeated incredulously, letting out a bark of humorless laughter. "How about we talk about what you've done? What you've done to my life?"

"Well, aren't you just the typical teenager," Adelina's mother snarled. "Always angry, always searching for a fight, always dumping all the blame for your problems on their poor mothers."

She was so sick of her, Adelina fumed. She knew that children were supposed to love their mother unconditionally, but she just couldn't. She hated her. "My problems? My problems? You're the one who decided that I had issues and needed to go see a shrink! You're the one who took me away from my friends by putting me in a school for the mentally ill! And for what? Just so that you could ruin my life? Well you know what?" she snarled. "You did. So congratulations to you."

Her mother's chest swelled with anger. "I ruined your life?" she screeched. "I gave you your pitiful life! I gave you everything! I gave you food, I gave you clothes, I gave you a home, I gave you an education! I gave you everything!"