32 ~ Tinker Bell

Happy new year to all of you!! I hope that these first few days of 2019 haven't been too hard with school starting again and all...
Anyways, one of my New Year's resolution is to write more often so we'll see that how that one turns out :)
Hope you enjoy

<<<Day 58>>>

Adelina was running. Fast. Pan had no idea where she was, or what she was up to. For now. That was why she had to act quickly. Hence the running.

She'd discarded Pan's necklace and left it on her bedside table before escaping from the camp in the silent hour of dawn. No one had been up yet, all exhausted as they were from the game of hide and seek held the previous night, so she hadn't crossed paths with anybody, just as she'd hoped. She'd slipped into the forest without anybody's knowledge, and for once, she felt free. No one knew where she was, no one could come bother her. She was free.

The forest was still in its period of dark and quiet before the sun went up. As Adelina tried to remember the directions that would lead her to her destination, she recalled the conversation she'd had with Pan the night before. He'd been so smug, satisfaction oozing off him as he'd brought her back to camp, a firm hand clasped around her forearm, guiding her. The lost boys had looked at her with quiet, almost pitiful glances, and she'd been terrified of what had been to come.

"Why don't you follow me, Love? Let's get you all settled in for tonight, hm?" Pan had suggested, smirking in a devilishly handsome way.

She also remembered how Felix had looked so torn. Torn between wanting to protect her and his loyalty to Pan.

"Pan, you're not going to get your prize tonight," she'd told him, desperately trying to win some time to think of a way to work herself out of her situation.

He'd raised his eyebrows in surprise, green eyes glinting mischievously. "And why not?"

"Cause I have my period." She'd answered with the first excuse that had come to her mind.

Pan only chuckled, his grin widening. "Nice try, Love, but girls don't get there periods here in Neverland. Don't you remember? Time is frozen."

Adelina had crossed her arms over her chest, thrown off for a moment. "Okay... but still. Not tonight." Pan had looked like he'd been about to say something but she persisted. "You said the prize was to spend one night with me, but you never specified when," she'd argued. "So I think that I should have a say in when that night is, and I say that it isn't tonight."

Pan had rolled his eyes, but had finally agreed on a compromise, which was that it would be the next night. Desperate to win whatever time she could, she'd agreed.

One day was all she needed. At least she fervently hoped so. Adelina couldn't spend a night with him without getting some sort of help first. The only thing she was afraid of more than him, was herself. She was fully aware of how her body reacted to his, of how attracted she was to him. She had no idea if she would be strong enough to resist him this time, and she did not want to find out.

Adelina was getting closer, she'd never felt that force before, yet she could now feel it. There was a faint hum of magic emanating from the place, getting stronger, vibrating in her bones as she approached. Finally, she halted at the end of the dirt trail, just as she had done almost two months ago.