54 ~ Tell me what you see

A lot of announcements at the end, please read, one is pretty serious

<<<Day 225>>>

A cold cell; her breath leaving her mouth in clouds of vapor. She shivered against the freezing wooden floor, the humidity of the air making its iciness even more biting. Adelina shuddered. Fear was making her heart race.

Footsteps echoed down the corridor, coming towards her. She saw silver flash on her wrist. A bracelet. A man stood in front of her, on the other side of the bars. His face was unkind as he unlocked the door of the cell, allowing her to step out.

Harsh touch, cruel hands.

A struggle.

Running. Terror. Flights of stairs. Another struggle. A trapdoor.

She was outside, on the deck of a ship. The ocean spread out as far as the eye could see. Many men were there, organized in a line on either side of her as they loomed nearer in a threatening way. She only noticed one man, though. He was standing at the end of the aisle of men, yet had his back turned to her. All she noticed was a hook poking out of his right sleeve, glinting dangerously in the cold sunlight.

"Chain and weigh her down. Then, make her walk the plank." The voice was distant and emotionless. No doubt, it came from the hooked man. "We will all be better off once she's dead."

Terror once more. A senseless blur; falling. An impact. Frigid water taking hold of her and enfolding her into its lethal embrace.

And then she was drowning. Desperate, crying, screaming, fighting. But she was still drowning. Dying.

Darkness took over.

Adelina woke up, sweating and panting, with a sense of impending doom hovering above her.

These dreams weren't foreign to her; being held captive... being powerless... drowning... It was always the same scenes, over and over, weaving themselves into her sleep when she didn't expect them. Every time, without fail, she would wake up, terrified of how real the nightmare had felt.

This time, though, there was more to it. Whichever part of her subconscious that had decided to concoct the dreams was getting impatient. Adelina was sure of it. A sense of urgency had accompanied her throughout the entire experience, as though willing her to understand something before it was too late.

But what was there to understand?

If it truly was a precognition of a sort, it was useless. She already knew better than to let herself be captured by the pirates, so why bother warning her about it? Or, if it was actually a glimpse into her future, how could she dare presume that she had the power to change her own destiny?

The taunting, lethal hook was still engraved in her mind's eye, its silver shimmer following her as she got out of bed, making her shiver. She had never seen the infamous Captain Hook in the flesh, yet even in her dreams, his presence was chilling.

Adelina wrapped her cloak tightly around her shoulders before heading out of her room, ready to begin her day. It was still fairly early in the morning, the sun hadn't properly come out yet, giving her enough time to find Pan and hopefully pry an answer out of him before she had to meet with her group for training.

Yet the moment she was out the door, she knew that the explanation would have to wait for another time. Pan's aura hung heavy over the camp, a shroud of anger and bitterness, so strong that even a few of the boys had taken notice, glancing around anxiously from time to time without really knowing why they were so on edge.