25 ~ Whipping

Guuyyyyysssss Natural by Imagine Dragons!!!!! I can't even process how much I love it!!!!
Anyways

<<<Day 34>>>

Adelina rolled her shoulders, trying to ease her sore muscles. She frowned, noticing all the bruises that dotted her arms and legs, all given to her by Pan during their combat practices. She was getting better, she could tell, but she knew that she was still far from good enough to beat a lost boy.

"Come with me," Pan ordered, beckoning for her to follow him. She'd expected him to lead her back to camp, for it was straight in front of them, but he veered left abruptly, leading her down yet another path.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked, slightly on edge. After his demonstration of violence two nights ago, she wasn't keen on being alone with him for longer than what was necessary.

"Unless you have an extremely short memory," he said, not turning around to face her as he continued walking, "you should recall that you won a contest, bringing the pirate back to me. I'm taking you to your prize."

"But what about the others on my team?" she questioned. "Why aren't they with us?

She could practically hear him rolling his eyes impatiently. "Because, Love, I already let them choose their prize yesterday."

She raised her eyebrows. "You can choose your prize?" she asked quickly, surprised. "Like, anything at all?"

He chuckled at her excitement. "You'll see once we get there."

The path that wove between the trees led them to a large boulder, bright green moss covering it, lending it a fuzzy appearance. Pan drew back a curtain of vines that partially covered a side, revealing a hidden door. Adelina had to admit that whatever the boulder contained, it was cleverly hidden. Pan lay a hand against the dark wood, closing his eyes and muttering a few indistinguishable words. When he was done, a shimmer of green light briefly illuminated the door, and then it was gone. Opening it, Pan gestured towards the dark interior.

"This," he explained smugly at her impressed expression, "is my personal storage." He led her inside, and by themselves, three torches flared to life. "Inside you'll find countless interesting things, potion ingredients, magical items, spells and the likes." He watched her with careful eyes as she looked around herself in wonder.

Shelves lined three of the roughly hewn walls, filled with herbs, flowers, scrolls, books, numerous vials filled with different substances and colors. Many wooden boxes containing more particular items aroused her curiosity. Looking closer, she spied a collection of bones, smaller ones that could've been a rodent's, and other, larger ones that could've easily passed as human. Quickly looking away, her eyes landed on a row of vials, one filled with harmless looking sand, a minuscule one contained three strands of blond hair, and yet another one contained one single drop of a golden liquid, floating suspended in mid air. A rusted sword was hanging against a wall, next to it was some animal's twisted, black horn.

"What's all this?" Adelina breathed, her eyes wide with wonder.

Pan shrugged carelessly. "Items I've collected over the centuries, most of them contain formidable powers that have yet to be unleashed, others are cursed, and others," he grinned, indicating the rusted sword, "hold some memories."