8 ~ Pan flute

Heyyy guysss I'm posting to celebrate my last day of freedom. So I saw that Monster inside Peter Pan reached 13k reads!!! I honestly didn't think it could reach so much so thanks a lot :)
Anyways
Read
Vote
Comment?

<<<Day 7>>>

The sun's glaring beams had already dried up the night's pearly dew on the grass when Adelina woke up the next morning to the sounds of the lost boys talking loudly as they trickled out of their rooms. Watching each lost boy that wandered even slightly near her cage with hopeful eyes, she was bitterly disappointed to find that no one would bring her something to eat for breakfast. Her stomach was sending stabbing pains through her body and it felt as if it were devouring itself from hunger. Needless to say, that morning passed excruciatingly slow. The stench, the gnawing hunger, the thirst, the ache in her back, the heat, everything making the morning seem interminable.

Just as Adelina had been despairing that Neverland's timelessness was playing tricks on her, she heard voices, chattering and laughing, starting to come back to camp as the lost boys returned from their morning training session to eat lunch. She'd never been so happy to see Felix as he brought her half a loaf of bread and some jerky. Oh and thank god, water too.

"You look horrible," he said as a form of greeting.

"If you're expecting a sarcastic response, you're going to have to wait for until after I've eaten." Her eyes were fixed on the food as she answered in a raspy voice, dry from the lack of water. He handed her the bread and jerky through the larger space between the bars made for food transfers. "Oh thank god, I'm starving," she breathed as she tore the bread in half and wolfed it down, barely wasting any time with chewing.

Felix sat down in front of her, looking st her with a mixture of confusion and distaste. "You miss one tiny meal and you're that starving?"

Adelina rolled her eyes. "Not one meal," she said between two mouthfuls. "It's been more than a day since I've eaten anything. So yes, I'm hungry. Sue me."

The grey eyed boy frowned. "But Ryan-" He cut himself off as understanding washed over his face. "Oh... I see." Felix chewed the inside of his lips, as if wondering whether he would say something or not. Finally, he said, "I guess I should apologize, I should've known Ryan would've done something like this to get revenge."

Adelina nodded, less interested in his apology than the water he handed to her. Felix was looking her expectantly, as if he were waiting for her to say something. "Um," she started, unsure of what to say. "I accept your apology?"

Felix nodded, seeming relieved. "So, if I dare ask," he prodded, shifting around in the grass, "what did you do to get Pan pissed off enough to throw you in here?" He jerked his chin towards the bars.

Adelina wasn't pressed to answer as she took her time downing the water he'd brought. Once satisfied, she smacked her lips together in contentment. "So you know how I needed new clothes?" she started explaining. "Two days ago, I went to Pan to ask for new clothes and well...he finally gave in and gave me new clothes except-"

"Wait," Felix interrupted, "when you say he gave in..?"

"We made a deal. I owe him a favor..." she trailed off as he shook his head in disbelief. "What?" she asked defensively.

"You owe him a favor?" he repeated incredulously, as if he couldn't believe she was so naive. "Do you have a death wish or something?"