16 ~ Flashback

Hello!! Finally updating, so yay! During my vacation I went through all my previous chapters to rewrite and edit them, change a few things that I wasn't satisfied with. I also added a few scenes, changing a couple of things this and there, but the general picture still stands. So you can re-read them if you want to, but it's not required to understand what's going on.

Anyways, I've gotten a few chapters head start now so I promise you, I'll get updating. Though I'm not going to stick to an updating schedule like I did before cause it only resulted in stress for me and shitty chapters for you, I should be updating with no more than a two week interval.

Anyways, thanks to the readers who've stuck with me until now, and welcome to the new ones!!

Enjoy, and don't forget to vote and comment!

<<<Day 21>>>

Something was building up in Neverland, Adelina could feel it in the air. Something was going on, something no one was willing to tell her. She could see it in the tense posture of the lost boys as they whispered among themselves, in the way Pan notably increased training practices, or how he was bringing in more and more lost boys to camp. Just this morning, after the early practice where she'd beaten three lost boys in archery, Pan sauntered into camp leading two confused looking boys behind him. But despite his arrogant, relaxed composure that hadn't changed, she noticed something about him, he wasn't himself these past days, seemingly tenser, more on his guard. But perhaps her mind was just imagining things, reacting to the rest of Neverland's state.

Whatever she thought of Pan's emotional state, what she wasn't imagining was the looks all the lost boys in her practice group were shooting at her as they all listened to what Ryan was saying. She drew closer to the group, knowing that nothing good could come out of it, yet still wanting to know what he was saying.

"Well, if it isn't the little slut herself," Ryan smirked as the others laughed. Only Aiden had the decency to remain silent. Adelina felt her face grow hot. No matter how many times he humiliated her, she still wasn't getting used to it.

"What are you telling them?" she growled.

"Only the truth, Love," he winked arrogantly at her, "about last night."

"What-?" she spluttered incomprehensibly, and the others, taking it as embarrassment, snickered.

"Oh, sorry sweetheart, did you think that what happened would stay between us? That it had been special?" Laughter erupted at his mocking, condescending tone.

"I don't know what you're going on about, Ryan, but nothing happened last night, and nothing ever will," she seethed, knowing that whatever she said, none of them were ever going to believe her. At her side, her fists clenched and unclenched, aching to collide with his face.

"Oh come on, Darling," he drawled, taking a few lazy steps towards her, "don't be a pissbaby, at least own to what you did."

Adelina didn't remember how she'd gotten her hands on a sword, all she knew was how much she hated Ryan, how tired she was  of his constant lies and bullying, and how much she wished the blade she'd swung could chop his head right off. But Ryan was a skilled fighter, and even taking him by surprise as she had, he was able to nimbly dart out of her sword's reach.

Everyone's eyes were on her now, silence had fallen over the clearing. Adelina's fingers were tightening around the handle of her sword, her fury goading her to take another swing at him. Ryan was looking at her differently now, no more arrogance, just squinted, calculative eyes. Finally, a reaction. Her legs tensed to take a second lunge for him, but she froze on the spot.