17 ~ Incomplete prophecy

Soooooo.... like I did last year, posting a chapter to celebrate my last day of vacation!! So good luck to all those who're starting again!
Also, last year, Monster inside Peter Pan had 13k reads, and now we're up to 38k!! Thanks so much for your reads and your comments that honestly make my week!!!
Anyways, read, enjoy, vote?

<<<Day 22>>>

There was a loud knock on the door and Felix jerked awake. He glanced quickly at Adelina, but she was still fast asleep as she groaned and turned over on her other side. There was another impatient rap on his door as he made his way towards it. Checking out his window, the sky was only beginning to lighten to gray, which meant that it was approximately five in the morning. Who the hell would bother him at five in the morning? Pushing strands of blond hair out if his eyes, he opened his door.

"Pan?" he asked, surprised. "What are you doing here?" Where Felix was all messy and rumpled from sleep, Pan was sharp and alert.

"I can't find Adelina," he stated bluntly. A shot of adrenaline coursed through Felix's veins and he straightened up slightly, trying to shift his body discreetly so that Pan wouldn't be able to peer into his room.

"Why- why would you be searching for her at this hour?" he asked innocently with an uncomprehending frown, trying to play off sleepy. He exited his room, shutting the door quietly behind him.

"Ryan told me the moment I got back from my trip." Felix knew what Pan meant when he said 'trip'.

"What did he tell you?" he questioned, trying to imitate curiosity.

Pan's expression was grave. Felix's heart squeezed. He knew. Pan somehow knew about Adelina. Had Ryan been spying on them?

"He told me that Adelina was the girl of the prophecy." Pan's voice had a dangerous undercurrent to it.

Felix widened his eyes faked astonishment, his mouth hanging slightly open as if he didn't know what to say. His sister had always told him that he was a great actor. "She- she is? Are you sure? How do you know?"

"Ryan told me," he said tersely. "Since her arrival, I'd only been waiting for the confirmation. Now that I have it..."

"But- Are you sure? These are quite serious allegations. How can Ryan be-"

"Are you questioning me, Felix?" Pan cut him off impatiently. He didn't have the time to waste with his blubbering.

"No, no, not at all," he assured him quickly. "I just wouldn't want her to be killed if it were a false alarm..." He was stumbling now to find the words to justify himself.

"Who cares? She's just a girl." But Pan's flashing eyes had noticed how Felix had tensed, the disapproving downward tilt of the corner of his lips. "You care for her!" Pan hissed accusatorially. That crime was punishable with death. "You've let the girl worm her way into your head!"

"No! It's not like that! I don't have any romantic feelings for her! I swear!" Pan raised a disbelieving eyebrow. "I promise, there's nothing going on between me and her. She's just a friend."

Pan snorted derisively. "That's what they all say. Friends," he spat out the word with contempt.

"I'm telling the truth!" he defended.