2 ~ Camp

"Quit playing games," she spat, "tell me where I am!"

Pan shrugged carelessly. "I'm not playing games, Love. You are in Neverland."

She hefted her half branch higher over her shoulder and took a menacing step towards him. In doing so, she left the shadows of the tree and the sunlight grazed her face. She didn't pay it any attention but Pan did, his entire focus slipping, his eyes draw to hers like moths to a flame. "You're insa-"

But she was cut off abruptly as he grabbed her jaw roughly, his thumb and middle finger digging painfully in her flesh. He brought her face closer to his so that he could observe her eyes. "Chestnut," he breathed, his vanilla scented breath tickling her nose, "well that was unexpected."

The brown eyed girl recovered from her surprise and shoved her hands against his chest. He let go of her face, taking a step back, yet still remaining close enough to her for it to be inappropriate. Pan looked her up and down with a new eye, noticing what he'd earlier discarded as unimportant. His eyes lingered on her upper arms, her biceps carrying more muscles than he'd expected on a girl, her mud streaked sneakers proved this wasn't the first time she found herself in a forest or someplace of the sort. He saw the way her eyes darted around, not in fear, she was taking in her surroundings, analyzing what she saw, seeming much more at ease in a jungle than most would.

But now Pan saw that her eyes, turning russet under the golden light of the sun, were on him, glaring. "Why did you kidnap me?" she asked, going straight to the point.

Pan spread his hands, shrugging with an eloquence that didn't belong in the body of a nineteen year old, as if to say that it wasn't his fault. "You're the one who asked to be brought here. Besides, my shadow wouldn't have brought you here if you didn't have what it took to become a lost girl."

She didn't quite understand what he meant when he said that she had asked to be brought here for she most certainly hadn't, but she focused on the second sentence, narrowing her eyes. "What's a lost girl?"

Pan grinned, displaying perfect white teeth, not what you'd expect of a boy who lived in the jungle. "All you need, Love, is to be lost."

She didn't like this boy, he was just too much. "Now that's assuming that we actually are in Neverland, and that you're somehow Peter Pan," she added skeptically, her tone bristling under his smooth, patronizing voice.

Pan rolled his eyes impatiently, it wasn't very unusual for a new arrival on Neverland to be an unbeliever, but that didn't make him any more tolerant. "Do tell me, Love, what would I have to say to make you see the truth?"

"Nothing," she replied coldly, not at all liking the way he was speaking to her with condescension, or how he called her Love. "I don't trust words, I trust actions." She jerked her chin at him. "Show me some magic. Then I'll believe you."

Pan smirked. Good. She was level headed, strong, resilient. Not the usual type of girl that set foot here, yet again, he'd been growing bored of the usual type of girls. He parted his lips ever so slightly, taking in her scent. He was already looking forwards to her death, the animalistic unsatisfiable hunger for power ached inside his chest as he imagined what a glorious moment her demise would be.

Raising an eyebrow pointedly at her, Pan waved an almost uncaring hand and made the remaining half branch she was still gripping disappear without a trace. Her composed demeanor shattered as her eyes widened in realization of what he had done.