Prologue

So here's the prologue along with the intro and the first chapter. In the beginning it was supposed to go as the description but it wouldn't fit so oh well...
I'm leaving tomorrow for a three week vacation with my family in Greece so I know for a fact that I won't be able to post during that time, but hopefully once I get back I'll post chapters on both of my stories.

"You know what I'm capable of doing," Adelina hissed, her murderous glare boring into the face of the boy she hated above everything else. "I know about that prophecy as well as you do. And after what you've done... you know very well I won't stop until I fulfill it."

Pan's tongue flicked over his bottom lip, the hunger of madness and chaos burning bright like fire inside his emerald eyes. He wanted to laugh at her attempt to intimidate him, but the thing was, he couldn't. If not handled correctly, that girl could have the power to kill him. Still, he knew things that she didn't. He had the advantage, as he always had and always would.

He stepped up to her so that he knew he would make her uncomfortable by their closeness. "And what do you mean by that?" he breathed, leaning down close enough to her lips to make her take a step back.

"I'll kill you, even if it's the last thing I do," she threatened, her dark chestnut eyes never leaving his green ones.

Pan smirked, amusement flitting over his features. "Are you sure about that, Love?"

For the first time that night he saw doubt spread over her face. "What do you mean?" Her eyes narrowed suspiciously. "The prophecy clearly stated that I will be your destruction."

The demon boy straightened himself and spread his arms, gloating. "The prophecy you heard wasn't complete. You missed a part." He glowered. "A very important part."

Indeed, as he watched her with cold, emotionless, calculative eyes, he knew that she could be his destruction. But he didn't dare kill her, not just yet, for she could also be something else. Something that he'd been waiting for a long time. Something that could rid him of his enemy once and for all.

Despite all the efforts she put into hiding it, Pan knew that deep down, she was like him. He'd understood that immediately, when he'd first laid eyes on her. It was more than simply the fire that burned in her soul, or the harshness of her mind that she futilely tried to soften. It showed, deep and hidden inside her eyes, when she lost control, when her emotions submerged her and all she could do was let them loose, yet it was more than that. It wasn't precisely either the terror that engulfed her, the fear of herself as she realized what she was capable of. It was a feeling deep inside him as he observed her, a feeling as if he were watching himself through a mirror.

She had something none other had, something he'd discovered in himself centuries ago, yet thought no one else possessed.

A potential for darkness.