Chapter 14

School ended and Adira was waiting for Hyde. When he came he looked quite angry. They got into the car and drove to the pack house. On the way there the heat was blared up very high. Adira was sweating a lot but she didn't want to say anything to Hyde not wanting to stir up unwanted trouble or anger him further. She quickly glanced at him too. It was really werid because Hyde was sweating too. A lot. He had water driplets falling down the side of his face. Adira decided not to ask questions.

When they got back, instead of Hyde telling Adira to go back to his room, he asked her to come along with him. He led her to the forest.

"We should go run. I know you haven't been on a run in a while." He said.

Feeling elated, Adira agreed. After chaning behind a tree she shifted into her black midnight blue wolf. She had one white paw in the front left. She came out excited. Finnally she could unleash. She stopped in her thoughts as her breath sucked in. She was surprised but most of all admiraful. She saw his wolf. It was beautiful. It was snow white with a silver slash on side. She wondered why he had that there. He walked towards her, his gree eyes that now had a grey circle around his pupil looked at her.

"Follow me." He mindlinked her. He started running with Adira following closely. They were running around the pack territory. Hyde intentionally went on a run with her so he could tour her around the pack lands. It was quite big, but in wolf form it'd be faster to run in than in human form. He was telling her the various parts such as patroling lands where they came across other wolves, lands that you were free to roam in, lakes, waterfalls, etc.

The most beautiful landmark was that of the water temple. It was already night and the sight was breath taking. Under a thousand stars, there lied a humongous tree, it's roots spreading out empassing a shallow pond of clear blue water about half way. There were little plants growing along the banks. From the bottom of the pond, there were blue glowing stones that lit up the pond.

The water temple was a place to pray to the moon godness, confessing your sins, worries, happieness, and wishes. This was also the place where you would accept your mate in front of the moon godess. It was like your own wedding ceremony.

As Adira was looking at the beauty surrounding this sacred place her thoughts were interrupted by Hyde's low voice.

"We shouldn't stay here too long. This place is reserved. A couple have reserved the water temple tonight."

"Ohhh" Adira said as she felt a wave of envy. "Alright."

They both then headed back toward the pack house running everynow and then and then taking a few walks here and there. By now, Hyde was walking beside Adira having small conversations ever now and then.

Suddenly Hyde stopped in his tracks. He immediately mindlinked Adira to stop in her tracks. They both stopped. There was silence. The only thing you could hear was the crickets chriping. Suddenly out of no where a big black wolf jumped out knocking Hyde over. Adira quickly backed up away from the opposing wolf fear in her heart. Hyde quickly got up and started wrestling with the black wolf. Suddenly 5 wolves, all part of Hyde's pack came out of the hidden darkness attacking the black wolf. Hyde backed away as his jaw had a blood spilling out which was evidence that he ripped the black wolf's flesh off.

The sight before Adira scared her as she jumped back to reality. THIS was what Alpha Hyde was. Before Adira felt a little more at ease with him. She felt like they were finding understandment in each other. But she realized she was wrong. This was who he was and nothing could change that. He looked at her as she unconciously backed away. He turned back not wanting to face her realizing that he scared her. They wolves in Hyde's pack pinned the black wolf down.

Before she even knew it, Tyler in his wolf form in his black wolf with his memorable white streak.

"Alpha Hyde asked me to take you home." Home, Adira thought. Yeah this was her home now. "Rogue. Never expected that did you?" Tyler asked glancing at the black wolf who was

"No" Adira said, "....no..... Not at all."

As Tyler started running, Adira followed him. She glanced back one time. Hyde was turned away from her as if he wanted to avoid her.

After a while into the run Tyler asked her something "You think he's scary don't you."

"Uh.. to be quite honest... yes." Adira said

"Well don't be. He did that to save you. I mean it's better to do that than let you die right?"

"Yeah, but that was just cruel...."

"But that's the way things are in this world. You should know that, Pack warrior Adira. We fight to save and live. People are cruel in this world. I'm pretty sure you would've done the same."

Adira thought for a moment. Tyler was right. Maybe she was the one misunderstanding him rather than he misunderstanding her.

A.N

As promised, new chapter. Hope you like it. Thanks for reading. 

-Dola