Chapter 23

I'm sooo sorry I didn't update yesterday. I finished it but for some reason I didn't publish. Smh. Enjoy!

Chapter 23

Something changed between Adira and Noel the day after the ball. Hyde noticed it almost automatically. The fact that she'd blush and shy away from that kid Noel which she never did before. Oh how he hated that boy. He didn't want to believe what he thought she felt for him. Something must've happened that night. That night before Adira and Noel went separate ways he saw him say something to her but couldn't hear from where he was. As he was watching from afar, Adira automatically blushed and quickly turned away from him. He came towards her almost as if he was saying sorry. Hyde didn't know what actually occurred then, but he wanted to know because after that Adira's behavior towards that kid changed.

He didn't speak much to Adira after that day. Though he did want to ask her about what happened, he didn't want to reveal the fact that he was secretly watching her that day.

Adira sat on a bench behind the school after school ended. She had asked Noel to meet her there ready to give her answer. She had thought it through over and over again. She decide she was ready for a new beginning.

Soon enough Noel came smiling at her. Her heart fluttered a little.

"Hi Adira." He said. He took a seat next to her.

"Hi Noel." Adira said. "I wanted to tell you something today." Adira looked down at her hands that were on her lap holding each other nervously.

"Umm, you know what you asked me the other night.......the night of the werewolf ball............." Adira paused nervously. "My answer............. Is yes. I feel the same way. I like you too." Adira said. She nervously looked up at Noel, but immediately felt humiliated.

Almost as if he was caught in a daze, Noel looked at the girl in front of him. That moment he made eye contact with her, he couldn't hear of thing. He stood up and took a step closer to the girl that was his mate. Only her. He had never seen such a beauty. Mine he thought mine. The girl smiled at him. He finnaly met her. He quickly brought her forth and wrapped his arms around her. The sparks, the feeling of feeling of completeness. He heart pounded agressivley.

But in that moment, the breaking of a stick broke their moment as Noel looked back and was awoken to reality. He turned around and saw Adira looking lost. He rembered she was going to tell him something but he wasn't sure what she had said after that.

"Sorry Adira." He scratched his head foolishly.

"Is she your mate." Adira asked him.

He and the girl blushed. "Yes" he said.

"congratulations" Adira said half heartledly.

Oblivious to her feelings, Noel smiled at her. "thanks" finally remembering he asked her, "What was it you were going to tell me?" he asked

Adira feeling rejected and embarassed. "Oh, I was going to ask you" she stop and swallowed holding in her tears, "if Alpha Hyde bullied you at all these past days." She lied.

He shook his head no. Looking at her watch, finding a way to escape "Well I have to go now. I got things to do at the pack house. By Noel."

"Bye Adira."

Adira quickly gathered her things and went inside the forest. After she was well out of their sight, she shifted into her wolf form. As she was running, she could taste her salty tears that she could no longer hold in. I was too selfish she thought. As she got into her pack territory she ran towards the water temple. After reaching the sacred place, she shifted and walked into the water. It was a bit cold. She walked into the middle fo the water. She stayed there till midnight just thinking aobut life, praying, and asking why? Why was she given so much misfortune.