Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Hyde sat on the ground leaning against a wall, his hands propped up on his knees running his fingers through his hair. He was hiding in a vacant classroom. He sighed in frustration. He lost it right after he saw Adira give that kid the cake that he thought was for him. He felt humiliated. Why was he expecting so much. I'm such a fool. His blood boiled after recalling that kid kissing her on her cheek.

Why? Why would she do that. I'm nothing to her. Nothing at all and she isn't anything to me either. Strangely even though he said these words to himself, he couldn't believe himself. He groaned in frustration running his hands repeatedly thorgh his hair.

"Fu*k you and all of you. Go fu*k yourselves." He slammed his fist into the wall behind him repeatedly.

_______________

Friday came sooner than expected. Adira had prepared her dress already. She was super excited. She stared at the dark green gown that layed on her bed. She smiled to herself. She wanted to look beautiful. Looking in the mirror, she applied her makeup. She then dressed up and got in her heels. Tyler had offered her a ride. Together they went together towards the ball. Tyler and Adira soon separated as Tyler went inside and Adira waited for Noel to come. It was a while.

She smiled as soon as she saw him.

"Noel!" she called out. Noel lifted his eyes looking at her and flashed her a big grin. He came and met up with her.

"You look beautiful Adira."

"Thank you. You look well yourself." Noel was wearing a black tux with a vest. He also wore a green tie.

He then held out his arm for Adira.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"yeah."

Hyde sat in his office taking care of his alpha duties and work trying to distaract himself from the ball and... her. He was really bothered from his nad Tyler's converstation earliar

Earliar--------

Tyler sat on his desk causually and sighed. "You're really not going to go?" he asked

"no." Hyde replied uninterested.

"you've gone every year. "

"Not this time."

"Why don't you want to go ...... is it because of Adira?"

Hyde sneered. "Don't think that everything's about her."

"But it is isn't it"

Hyde frowned, "No."

"You will go." Tyler says.

"Sure." Hyde says sarcastically.

"I know the future should not be tampered with and that fate cannot be avoided. I'm sorry for telling you to stay away from her because that obviously won't happen." Hyde gave Tyler a glare, "My visions are never wrong and there isn't anything that can change it. She will be your imperfection of becoming the Alpha you wish to be. But I don't know whether that imperfection will make you become a better Alpha than what you wish to be or the Alpha you fear to be. My only guess is that she will drag you down, but there again, opinions are not always true." Tyler paused, "you will come. Things will be in your favor, but what's to come after, it's going to-"

"SHUT UP!" Hyde roared as he slammed his hands down on his desk. Tyler just stared at Hyde unfazed. "Just leave Tyler before I do something- something that's not pretty."

Tyler hopped of Hyde's desk and walked out the door quietly shutting the door behind him. Down the hallway he saw Adira come out of her room wearing her dark green gown. When she saw him she smiled. Tyler sighed. It's going to hurt Hyde he thought. He quickly put on a smile and walked towards Adira.

________________

Hyde layed his head down on his desk tiredly. He felt suffocated. The pack house wsa usually noisy, but today it was quiet. Hyde always liked it when it was quiet better than when it was noisy but today he just couldn't stand it.

He got up and ran outside. He headed towards the forest shifting into his white wolf midair. He quickly ran and ran to the only place where he felt he could be cured. The water temple. He shifted back into his human form and slowly stepped into the cold water. He walked deeper and deeper. He soon layed on his back as he floated on top of the water closing his eyes thinking, asking, just how to cure this addicition of wanting her attention. Tell me he asked. Tell me what I should do. He layed there for about ten minutes asking, asking what he should do.

With a faint whisper, he heard "Go." He opened his eyes, and was met with the blue sky and the leaves of the tree shading him from above.

"Thank you." He quickly got up and walked out of the water shifting back into his white wolf mindlinking one of his pack members to bring him a tux. He knew what he had to do........ for now....

____________

"I'm nervous." Adira said to Noel.

"Is this your first time?"

"Yes. I never went before because I had no friends." Adira said sadly.

Noel smiled at her, "I'm happy I'm here with you today."

Adira smiled back at him. "Me too."

"Don't be nervous. People don't really pay attention here. There really no classification here. Everyone's equal... well except for the Alphas. There's many people here." They finnaly reached the doorway. They paused. "Adira, are you ready to go in?"

Looking into Noel's eyes she gave a deep breath. "Yeah". Together they walked in. As Noel said there were many werewolfs dressed in their tuxes and gowns. It could be described as one of those ideal Cinderella balls. The building had at least 4 stories. The dance floor was in the center of everything. And there were the ideal cindella steps that led to the dance floor.

"It's beautiful." Adira said in amazement as she looked all around. Like you Noel thought as he was amused by her reaction.

"Would you do me the honor of dancing with me?" Noel asked as he held out his hand as he bowed down. Adira blushed. She reached out to connect with his hand.

A second before their hands met, another interfered with the connection. Another hand suddenly grabbed Adira's hand. The intruder pushed Noel out of the way as Noel tumbled back and Adira was dragged behind the intruder.

Surprised, Adira looked up to see the familiar back. She tried to shake off his hand but already expecting this, he had a tight grip on her. Noel looked at the pair bewildered with a bit tint of anger.

He led her to the dance floor. He turned around and grabbed her waist forcing her to come close to him almost to the point where their chests were touching.

"Your first dance belongs to me, Adira." Hyde said boldly in a deep masculine voice.

A.N

Sorry for the late update. I know many of you guys hate me, yes I hate me too because it took long to get up and write again and update. My apologies! I just want to thank all my readers for reading and commenting. I really do love reading your comments. They make my day. Occasionally some comments make me crack up. It's really amazing to reach 4K. Well expect more updates to come because I'm out of school and I want to make up for the 1 months wait. This chapter was Ehhhhh.

Love, 

Dola