Chapter 41

A.N I guess I'll update another as I had just finished this a few minutes ago. The comments did really lift my spirits up. Please don't expect another update so soon. Thank you for readying. 

Chapter 41

When Wade opened his eyes, he saw Angela who stared at him. He rose his head from his desk. His eyes were red as it was evident that he was crying.

"Why did you come?" he asked tiredly as he brought his hand to rub his eye.

"I was afraid you'd run away. That's what you usually do when you can never comfront your feelings."

Wade sighed. "You should sleep, it's late. Wade got up and was about to leave the room until Angela spoke up.

"Do you know why I will never give up on you?" she asked. Wade turned aroudn to look at her, "It's because you never gave up on me. If you were really cruel, you would've abadoned me the moment you knew Adira was your mate. You had nothing to lose. Isn't that right. A person with nothing to lose is literally the scariest thing in the world. I'm not trying to give myself much credit, but you could've left everything. But you stayed for me. Even if you didn't love me, you couldn't leave me because that just how much compassion you held."

"You're wrong!" Wade roared, "I'm the worst!" he cried.

"You're wrong! You aren't a monster!" Angela roared back at him. She got up into his face "Why are you always like this. You always put others before yourself!" She screamed. "That's why..." she cried "That's why you had killed so many people. Because of Hyde. Because your father, wanted you to be stronger, to take on the burden that Hyde didn't have to face. For a moment can you just please, please just be selfish for once?" Angela begged as she looked into Wade's eyes pleading. "Go after her. Nothing is holding you back. It's fine if you leave me."

Wade looked at Angela teary eyed. "What? So I can have my heart broken. She's in love with another already. I'm nothing. It's too late." Wade said brokenly. "I broke her, but in return she's allowed the privelge to break me. It's too late for both you and I. I'm afraid that you won't be loved if you return to Hyde. Forgive me."

"I don't care about that Wade. My heart was soley for you only."

"I'm sorry." Wade said as he crouched down sobbing. Angela made her way towards Wade as she hugged him.

"No, I'm sorry." she cried. "Live for yourself now please."

Eventually Wade fell asleep in her arms. Angela gently carresed his head as she ran her fingers through her hair. Angela in her deep thoughts suddenly rembered the past.

She was sitting on the ground as she cleaned up the laundry floor. She had fought with some other girls and was punished with cleaning. Her father recently died. After that it seemed as if she was treated dterribly as she was called vulgar words and ofen bullied. She continued cleaning until she heard a cough. She looked up and smiled. Wade bent down and took the rag from her hands and started cleaning.

"No, Wade you don't have to do this." she cried. He just smiled at her and continue to ignore her pleas as he kept on scrubbing. He'd always do this when he found her. Wade was the only one who acknowledged her existence and cared about her besides her sister and Tyler. He was the only one who treated her like an actual human being. No one associated themselves with her in public, and Hyde, her bully, acted as if she didn't even existence. He didn't even bully or talk to her. No words had ever been exchanged ever since her father died. It was as if she was invisbile, dead to everyone.

And to her, these moment with Wade were the moments that made her feel alive and mattered.

Back to the present.