Chapter 20

Chapter 20

1 month later

Adira came to school in high spirits. After Tyler had dropped her off she was excited for lunch. She was excited to meet Noel. Noel was her first friend and was precious to her. Today was his birthday and she prepared a present for him. Carrying a present packaged in gold and green, his favorite colors, inside of it lyed a cake she baked herself. She wasn't sure if he would like it or not. She hoped he did. She didn't have anything else better to give. She walked towards her locker to get materials for her first class and to place the cake at. After she was done, she closed it and came to face with Alpha Hyde who was lesuirely layinga agaisnt the lockers looking at her.

She bowed down. "Hi Alpha Hyde."

She thought over the past month. He would avoid her and rarely talk to her. He only talked to her when the occasion called for it. It was as if everythig was fine between them until he became really cold and distant. But that's probably how he was to everyone. She was just like the other pack members in his pack. Nothing special. He wouldn't go out of his way for a she wolf like me, Adira thought.

"Do you plan to go to the werewolf Ball this Friday?" he asked.

Adira looked at him. "I wasn't planning on it." she said

"Ok." he said, lI just needed to know who was going to go?" Lies. He was lying to her, something he usually didn't do. He stood there for awhile looking like he wanted to say something or like he was waiting for something.

For some reason, Hyde felt releif as he heard what she had said. Earliar he had eavesdropped that that boy or whatever.... Noel asked her to go. At this, he wondered what her answer was. Noel didn't say anything more after that. It made Hyde die out of curiosity. What did she say? He wondered. He watched as Tyler pulled into the parking lot. He watched everyday. He saw her get out. She was smiling. Why are you smiling he thought. You got nothing to smile for. He looked up and saw her holding a box that looked like a gift. He breathed in. Did she perhaps know it was his birthday today? He suddenly felt butterflies in his stomach. He watched her as she made her way j to the school slowly following making it not very obvious. He'd glance at her every now and then. He had to keep his distance or else it would have been to obvious that he was following because for some dang reason, every wolf bowed down and greeted him. "Good morning Alpha Hyde!" They said this in very loud voices. Though he loved them doing this, he absolutely hated it today. Their voices were so loud and some high pitched he just gave them a glare hoping they got the signal to shit up.

Finnaly, putting down his pride, he made his way to Adira's locker. Right after he saw her out the present in, he wondered who it was for him. It's for me right, he thought. Why's she putting it away. I'll just ask her about the ball. Make a decent conversation. In truth during the past months he avoided her at all cost. He didn't want to get attached. But every darn day, he always looked at her secretly. But he knew he had to stay away from her. She was nothing to him. He didn't have to care for her. Right? She wasn't his mate.

After asking her about the ball, he stood waiting for her to give the present to him. Why isn't she saying anything? After a while of just standing there, he felt like an idiot. He quickly walked away without a farewell thinking what a fool he was. The one time he actually tries to attempt talking to her in a while he looks foolish. Sh*t.

Adira watched him bewildered. Huh? She wondered. That was weird. Her trance was broken by a slight playful nudge. She looked up and saw blue eyes.

"Hi Adira!"

"Um hi Noel." Adora quickly closed her locker and started walking, Noel following close to her.

"Hi was your day?" Noel asked.

"It was great. How was yours?"

"It's been pretty good."

Originally, Adira was planning to give the cake to him at lunch time because Noel usually showed up late in the mornings. Though she could've gave it to him there, Adora felt embarrassed and wanted To wait until lunch.

"Adira can I ask you an important question?" Noel asked. His hands were clammy.

"Yes." She said. Noel smiled.

"Ok." Noel grabbed her hand and quickly led her out of the school. He brought her to the lake behind the school inside the forest.

Adira laughed throughout the whole way. "What so important you had to drag me here."

Noel blushed and looked down. He then turned his back away from her.

"Noel are you ok." Adira panicked thinking she offended him. She reached up towards his shoulder and was startled when he turned towards her suddenly red as a tomato.

"I-I prepared this for 2 weeks now and wasn't sure if-if.... Um it was good but you said you liked strawberries with sugar and I have some in my car. Oh-no! I forgot it." Noel quickly sprint away leaving Adira bewildered. As he was running. He turned back and shouted "please stay here!"

Adira laughed as she watched him run. After a while he came back out of breath carrying a big box. He handed it to her.

"This is for you. I'm sorry that this was a very horrible giving. Giving is what they call it right?" Noel asked nervously.

"I guess?" Adora smiled. "Is this a present?"

"Yea." Noel smiled. Immediately the smile fell off Adira's face. She immediately felt bad. Why is he giving me a present when I should've been the one.

"Why the long face?" Noel teased as he gently touched her face with her hand. "Do you not like it." He asked feeling embarrassed.

"No....I feel bad that I'm receiving something before I given you something. And it's your birthday and I didn't say happy birthday yet." A tear slipped out of Adira's eye.

Shocked Noel began wiping off the tears on Adira's face. "Hey don't cry." He cooed.

"Happy birthday Noel." Adira giggled/laughed.

"Thank you Adira."

"I got a present for you too."

"Thank you Adira." Noel smiled. Adira laughed.

"But I'll give it to you at lunch." She quickly finished.

"Okie dokes! Sounds good to me. Anything you give me, I will love."

Adira laughed at this.

Noel was completely in trance with her laugh. Wow she's really beautiful he thought. Without thinking he leaned forward and kissed her on the cheek.

Completely unforeseen, Adira looked at Noel with wide eyes. She slowly touched her cheek staring at Noel not comprehending what had happen.

Noel looked at Adira for a moment and his cheeked tinted red after realizing do what he had done. He quickly turned away.

"Adira, I know this is weird to say after these circumstances but," he turned around looking at her, "would you do the honor of being my date for the werewolf ball?"

He smiled and blushed when he heard her giggle.

Enjoying a tense enjoyful conversation, these two wolf were oblivious to those around them. 2 pairs of eyes coming from each direction, them not even wary of each other presence. Both fisting their fist in anger and jealously. The eyes of an Alpha.

A.N
Thanks for reading! Hope you like the new chapter. What do you think will happen! Until next time.

Love,
Dola