Chapter 22

Andreas POV

"Based on what you're telling me it sounds like she's suffering PTSD. It's very common on patients like Catalina. She's been through so much in such a short term of time. Some people who can't seem to deal with the stress normally becomes suicidal. But in her case, it sounds like she's trying to cope with it on her own. This will cause her to push people away or distant herself from others. In your case, she gets too hot tempered easily." I couldn't handle Catalina's behavior anymore so I decided to see her shrink. I've never thought of this. I feel so selfish for not even trying my best to understand her. "You have to give her time, Andreas. Help her. Huwag mong sabayan ang init ng ulo niya. She needs you more than anything. It might not seem like it but she needs you, Andreas. So help her the best you can."

Catalina POV

"I'm taking the kids with us, Catalina. You and Andreas have to fix your marriage. Do it for your children!" I'm a bad mother. I've been neglecting my kids for awhile. There's times where all I wanted is just to stay away from everyone even with them. I feel so sad, lonely or all alone even with their presence! Minsan gustong gusto kong sumigaw pero naninikip ang dibdib ko. I couldn't open up to mom about this. Kasi I didn't want her to worry about me. She's still looking for Ate Rosa Mae. I've asked Sebastian many times where Ate is. All I get from him is a blank look. From what Ate Rosa Mae put him through hindi ko siya masisisi. Everytime I'm with Sebastian I feel at ease. Hindi ko alam kung bakit.

" Maybe it's for the best that you take them away. They're so hard headed. They don't even listen to me! All they care about is their dad. Maybe you should take Andreas with you too!" Sagot ko sa kanya. Andrea started crying.

"Mom, I want to stay with you!" She sob.

"NO! Ang titigas ng mga ulo ninyo. Doon kayo sa lola at lolo ninyo! Pati na rin si Daddy niyo. Bring him with you. Diba you'd rather be with him than be with me??!" I can't control myself. I get so angry easily. It feels like I'm a whole new different person. Lumapit si Andrea sa akin at niyakap ako.

"No, Mommy! I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!" Iyak nito habang naka yakap sa legs ko.

"Take them. I'm tired!!" I pulled Andrea away from me and Dumiretso na ako sa kwarto. Unti-unti kong naririnig ang iyak niya hanggang nakaalis na sila.

There it is again. The sadness. It's taking me to a very dark place. Where all I can think about is what I saw. What I've been through. The gun, the blood shed and the smell of death right before me! This is taking over my life. How do I cope with this? How can I fight this battle? Kung saan sarili ko ang kalaban ko? It's tearing me apart.

"Paano? Paano mo nagawa sa mga anak natin yun, Catalina?!" Salubong sa akin ni Andreas.

"I'm tired. If you want you can follow them!!" I said dryly.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?????!" He grab my shoulder. "YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS ALONE, CATALINA!!! YOU GOD DAMN DON'T! If you can just let me in. Let me in so I can help you." He stared at me.

"You want to help me?!" Tiningnan ko siya. "Give me space. Let me be! Let's separate!" I saw tears flowing down his cheeks.

"Space? You want space??! Unbelievable!" He let go of me and went to his office. He spent the whole night in his office. Pag gising ko hindi ko siya katabi. Nag ayos ako at bumaba sa kusina.

"Where's Andreas?" Tanong ko sa maid.

"Ma'am umalis na po. Kanina pa po umalis. May dalang maleta nga po eh!" Oh no. Is he leaving?

"Where is he going?" Tulala kong tanong.

"Hi-hindi ko po alam!" I dismissed her. I dialed his number pero hindi ito sumasagot. I dialed Henry's number and hindi rin sumasagot. Pero Andreas left five body guards. I wonder what's going on.

All day I phased back and forth. My children's not with me. My husband left me. Something must be really wrong with me. My emotions killing me inside out. My tears flowed. I... I have to let out whatever it is that killing me inside. This unknown emotion is taking over my life.

It's almost seven pm and I heard the main door open. I didn't think of it too much kung sino ito dahil baka isa sa mga katulong sa bahay o isa sa mga security. May narinig akong foot steps patungo dito sa kwarto namin ni Andreas. It's getting closer and closer. I stayed under the comforter nervous to who it is. The bedroom door slowly opened. I tried to hold my breath but I was too nervous. I slowly open my eyes to check kung sino ang nasa kwarto.

"Wh-what are you doing here?!" I asked the question out of relief.

"This is my room too isn't it? Oh gusto mo sa guest room nalang ako?" He turned away from me at pumasok sa walk in closet niya.

Andreas POV

At this point, I have decided to take care of Catalina. Whatever it takes. Nagulat ako nang bigla siyang pumasok sa closet.

"I'm so sorry! Baby, I'm so sorry!" She sobs habang nakayakap sa likod ko. "I thought I can handle this.. This weird feelings I'm having. But I was wrong. Sometimes I feel like killing myself but then I look at you and the kids I just couldn't get my self to do it." She continue to cry. "Talk to me please!" She begged.

"I wouldn't forgive you if you do that. You mean so much to me and our children. I regret all the bad things I've done to you for vengeance. How I wish I can turn back time and start all over again with you. How I wish I can take your pain away from you. Kung puwede lang, Catalina, ako nalang. Ako nalang nasa kalagayan mo ke sa nakikita ka ng mga anak ko na nag durusa at pinaparamdam mo sa kanila na hindi mo sila mahal!" I let her hold on to me. Her hug is getting tighter and tighter. "I was wrong when I made you feel I didn't love you that I didn't want you or need you. It was so wrong of me. But for you to do that to our children. I'm sorry but I'm not going to let you. If you want to be cold then do it to me. Saktan mo ako. Over and over. Ipamukha ko sa akin na kasalanan ko lahat kung bakit ka nag durusa. Make me feel your pain Catalina if it helps you get over what ever it is you're going through." I loosen her hug. "you're married to me. I'm your husband, you can tell me anything. I will listen to you. I will try my best to help your Catalina. I am here to protect you! Just please, don't ever hurt our children like that ever again. I will not forgive you next time!" She step back.

"You're leaving me?!" I turned to face her. The look on her face disturbed me.

"WHAT??! Why on earth would I leave you??" She gave me a blank look. "We're in this together Catalina. Try your best to meet me half way. If you need to see a doctor I will hire the best doctor there is out there! Just tell me what you need. Stop pushing me away!!" Nilapitan ko siya. I needed her to know that I will always be here for her.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes all I see is blood. I hear gun shots everywhere. I hear myself crying. I see myself dying and it scares me. I asked my own self to kill me to end the misery. Sometimes, it's hard for me to fall back. It's easier for me to push you guys away than deal with my issues around you. Sometimes, when I see you and the kids happy everything around me spins. Everything goes too fast that I can't seem to get a grip on anything. Sometimes I feel like just hiding in the dark because somehow I made myself think I'm safer there. No one is going to hurt me." She broke down. This is what I needed her to do. To open up.

"I promise you, no one will ever lay their hands on you!! I can guarantee you that!" This was a big step. I have never seen my wife like this before. She hides her darkest moment pretty good that I didn't even recognize it. I'm ashamed I let this go on for a while. I should've been there for her since day one but I was too caught up making those mother fucker pay for what they did to her. No one mess with Andreas Torres specially my wife. I will kill to protect her.