Chapter 1

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I slam my hand against the annoying machine making the god awful noise. Summer is over and I have to go back to school. Maybe this year will be better. Maybe those people have forgotten me, or even moved on. I dragged myself out of my bed and to my bathroom. I take a quick shower and brush my teeth. I get dressed in black skinny jeans and a t-shirt, then straighten my hair. I go downstairs and pull on my hoddie and converse. If I'm lucky I can get out before my dad wakes up. I grabbed my bag and quickly and silently sneak out of this hell to go to another. I start my journey to school, my legs still hurting from bruises left from last night. It's about a mile walk to school from my house. I pull out my ear buds and listen to music. When I get to school there is still 15 minutes until the bell rings. I take a deep breath and walk in to find my locker.

Locker 235 I finally found it. I open it and start to put my books in. "Hey gay boy!" I hear someone yell from down the hall. It sounds like Blake. Maybe he's not talking to me. Yeah right! Who else would he be talking to? I cross my fingers and hope he's not talking to me. "Faggot! I'm talking to you!" My locker slams in my face. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I'm quickly flipped around. Blake is just inches from my face. I look around and see that his little posse is there to back him up.

"We haven't seen you all summer. Where have you been? Locked up in your room?" Truth is I was but of course I won't tell him that. "Must've been good having a break." Little does he know I never get a break. I felt a fist hit my face and the back of my head hit the lockers. "Well break's over, peice of shit." Just then the warning bell saved me from anything more.

They all slowly walked away towards their own classes. I picked up my stuff on the floor and walked to English. I walked into the classroom and saw Blake and Ryan in the middle talking to some people.

"Oh! Look, gay boy's here. This is going to be fun!" Ryan said loud enough for everyone to turn and look then laugh. Where is a teacher when you actually need one?

I put my head down and started to walk to the back of the class. Someone stuck their foot out and tripped me just before I made it to my desk. The whole class burst out in laughter again. I got up and sat in my seat just as the teacher walked in. Since it is the first day the teacher does that "get to know me" thing. I have always hated them. I put my head down on my desk and try to block everything out. But then I felt a tap on my arm and the girl in front of me was handing me something that looked like a note. I took it from her and saw the front said "faggot" so it had to be for me. I opened it up to read it, "why haven't you just killed yourself yet? It would just make everyone happier." I refolded it and thought about it. Why haven't I? It would take away a lot of my pain. I want to, I constantly think about it, but can never bring myself to.

Blake's POV

I got up this morning and quickly got ready for school. I went downstairs and sat down at the kitchen counter. "Good morning bud, how are you?" My mom asked setting a plate of breakfast in front of me.

"Morning. I'm as fine as a teenage on the first day of school can be." My mom laughed and I ate my breakfast. My little sister came down and started eating. "I'm leaving in 15 you better be ready." She's in middle school which is a block from the high school so I have to drive her to school. She's in 6th grade and I'm in 10th. She stuck her tongue out and ran back upstairs. I pulled out my phone and check all social media. Just tons of complaining about the start of school. "Anna! Come on let's go!" I yelled up the stairs. "Bye mom."

Anna came running down the stairs grabbed her bag and ran out the door. "Bye mom! Love you!" She yelled while going out the door.

"Bye guys. Love you." My mom called out from the kitchen. I grabbed my bag and walked out to see my sister in the driver seat of my car.

"Yeah right. Scoot over." She moved over to the passenger seat, I threw my bag to the back and got in. We drove with music playing all the way to the middle school. I pulled up to the curb and Anna got out without saying a word and went over to her friends. I finished the drive to the high school and met up with my buddies. We have ten minutes until the bell. Leo pointed down the hall I looked over and smiled. It was the boy who came out as gay last year.

"Hey gay boy!" I yell he seems to hear, he stops for a second but acts like he doesn't hear me and keeps putting his books in his locker. I walk down the hall to him, "Faggot! I'm talking to you!" I slam his locker shut and turn him around to look at me. He takes a look around at everyone then back to me.

"We haven't seen you all summer. Where have you been? Locked up in your room?" I ask him. He doesn't answer. "Must've been good having a break." He still doesn't say anything. Now that I think about it he doesn't talk that much at all. I punched him square in the face. "Well break's over, peice of shit." The warning bell rang and we all went to class. Ryan and I have English together so we found seats next to each other. We sat in the middle of the classroom and started talking to some people.

"Oh! Look, gay boy's here." Ryan said. I look to the door and sure enough Aiden was standing there. "This is going to be fun!" Everyone looked at the door and let out a chuckle. He put his head down and started to walk to his desk. Before he got there a girl tripped him. I have to say I did feel a little guilty as I watched him fall to the floor. I watched as he got up and sat in his desk. I don't know but he does look kind of cute. No! Stop it! I am not gay. I am straight. I had girlfriends. Ryan nudged my shoulder. "Bro, are you okay?" I nodded my head. "Look at this." It was a note to Aiden saying "why haven't you just killed yourself yet? It would just make everyone happier." I laughed and nodded at him and he started passing it to the back. I watched as Aiden read it. He didn't even flinch at it. He looked to be deep in thought. I shrugged it off and payed attention to the teacher.

The bell rang singling the end of class. I quickly got up but Aiden was faster, he was already out the door. I went to the bathroom before my next class. I walked in and heard someone on the phone. He was on the other side of the stalls and sounded a lot like Aiden. Whoever was on the other end was not happy, I could hear the yelling.

"Sir, I am at school today is the first day." Sir? Who would he be calling sir? The guy said something that I couldn't make out. "But I did tell you." "When! I sure don't remember!" "Last week, when I got back from the back to school information meeting." "I think I would have remembered you telling me!" "I'm sorry sir." "You better be sorry!" I creapt closer to him. "I'm going out for the day. Your chores better be done or your punishment will be even greater than it already is!"

I heard Aiden sigh and him start to move. "Hey gay boy." He froze in his place and stared at me, there were tears in his eyes. "Why are you crying? Did the note get to ya?" I said with a devilish grin. I got closer to him to the point where there was only inches between us. I placed my hand on his cheek. I don't know, it just felt right. I looked straight into his blue green eyes. "You know, it's cute when you cry." I leaned in and whispered in his ear, "I missed you over the summer." I could feel him shift uncomfortably. I smiled gave him a smack on the cheek and walked out to my next class