Chapter 21

Aiden's POV

"Oh. Hi Aiden," my mom said to me.

"Um, the office is over there." I pointed to the door on the wall.

"Right. Thank you." She started to walk over right as the teacher stepped out.

"You must be Mrs. Walker." The teacher walked up to shake her hand.

"Yes I am. And this is my daughter Clarissa."

"Hi Clarissa. I'm Mrs. Wilson."

"Hi," Clarissa said back.

"Alright. So I have some paper work I need to go through with you in my office. Clarissa can come back with us, or she can stay out here and play with the other kids."

At that time a little boy ran up to me with a book asking me to read it to him, so then I couldn't hear the rest of their conversation. I was reading "Ted and Fred" to the boy when the little girl, who I now know is Clarissa, bounced up to me.

"Is it story time?" she asked.

"Yeah it can be. Do you want to listen too?" She nodded her head excitedly and sat down next to me and I finished reading the book to the two of them. When I was done the boy ran off to play with another kid and Clarissa turned to me.

She pointed to the book and asked, "are they brothers?"

"No. They're just friends."

"Do you have a brother?" She asked me.

"No I don't."

"I have one." She looked down and played with the cover of the book.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah." She sighed. "Mommy says that he's older than me, but I never met him. He used to live with mommy but not any more."

"Oh." I didn't know how to respond. Finding out that my mom told my sister about me threw me a bit.

"Will I ever meet him?" She asked, looking up at me.

"Um. I don't know. Maybe one day you will."

"I want to."

"I'm sure he'll want to meet you too."

"Really?" I saw her light up a bit. I nodded and smiled at her. "Yay!" She jumped up and gave me a hug, taking me by surprise.

"Why don't you go play with some of the others. Get to know them." She nodded her head and ran off to play with someone who was making another tower out of blocks. I watched them for about five minutes until the bell rang. I stood up and walked over to the office and knocked on the door, that was still open, and Mrs. Wilson looked up at me. "Sorry. I was just letting you know that I have to go."

"Yeah of course. Thank you so much for the help."

"Anytime," I told her and then walked back out to grab my bag. I walked out of the room and almost ran into Leo who was passing by.

"Whoa. What are you doing in the nursery? Got a kid you're keeping from us?"

"Ha. No. They just needed some extra help." I started to make my way to history.

"Here I'll walk with ya." He took a couple large steps to catch up with me.

"You know, no matter what Blake is telling you guys, I don't need someone with me 24/7."

"Yeah, I know. Trust me, I tried to tell Blake that. But, it makes him feel better, and since you just got pelted in the head with a football, checking in on ya wouldn't hurt."