Chapter 27

Aiden's POV

February 14th. Valentines Day. I kind of dread it to be honest. I mean, it's nice to do something nice for, and with, your lover, but I get spoiled by Blake all the time. I told him earlier this week that I didn't want anything fancy. We could get Chinese take-out and watch a movie and I'll be happy. I was also asked to work until 8 and for double pay, so anything that we do would have to be late. This year Valentines Day landed on a school day, and a Friday, and luckily this morning was pretty normal. Lunch though, oh lunch. When I got the lunch table Blake was missing and no one knew where he was. He showed up a little late with a bouquet of roses and a bag of skittles (my favorite candy). I gave him a little attitude because I told him no to get me anything, even though it was just flowers and candy, but roses are expensive. He just smiled at me and gave me a kiss. I had to send him home with the flowers though since I had work right after school got out.

I guess it's okay, I'll get over it, especially since I did also get him something. At the end of my shift, I got us milkshakes and hitched a ride with my co-worker Rico so they wouldn't melt. When I walked up to the door of the house there was a paper heart and a note taped to it. The note read "Aiden, just a reminder that I Love You. Love, Blake."

Confused, and a little worried, I walked inside. I found the table set up with two place settings, the roses from earlier, and candles. "Hello?" I called out questioningly.

"You're home." Blake answered, walking down the stairs in slacks, a button-up, and a tie.

"Yeah." He walked over and gave me a kiss. "You look good."

"Why, thank you." He grabbed the milkshakes from me and walked them to the freezer.

"What's going on?"

"Well, you said that you didn't want to go to a fancy dinner. So, I brought the fancy dinner to you."

"I said that I wanted Chinese."

"And that's what we're having. Just fancy. Now go change. I left an outfit laying out for you." I walked up stairs and sure enough he had laid out an outfit, that was matching his but with a light blue tie instead of black like his. I got changed, and threw on some cologne. When I got back down stairs he had the take out boxes placed on the table and the candles light. "Look at you, looking fancy," he commented walking over to embrace me in a hug. 

"Sure hope so since you are the one who picked it out."

"Pft. I don't know what you're talking about," he remarked sarcastically. "Sit. Let's eat."

"Where's your mom and Anna?"

"I set them up in a hotel down the road for the night. Don't worry, they're happy. I wanted us to have a nice night to ourselves, and so did they. So they were happy to get out."

We ate dinner as we talked about our days. "I have a surprise for you," he told me after we put away the leftovers.

"Well this was technically already a surprise." I remarked.

"Well then I have another one." He grabbed the milkshakes from the freezer and lead me upstairs and to the guest room. When I walked in, I saw that he had set up a mini in home theater thing. He had a blanket fort filled with pillows with the T.V. situated at the entrance and the side of it lined up with snacks. 

"Aw babe. This is amazing."

"Thanks. I tried to make it as comfy as possible too. I don't know how I did though." We both crawled in and sat down.

"You're the best." I gave him a kiss. "I also never knew that you had so many pillows."

"Yeah. I had to raid a couple of closets. Before we start the movie, I have something else for you."

"I don't need anything more."

"I don't care," he responded and reached back outside to grab a box.

I opened it to reveal another wrapped box and a deck of cards sitting on top. The front of the deck stated, "52 Reasons Why I Love You," and each card had something different on it. "Aw. This is cute." I pulled out the other package and opened it. Inside were two puzzle piece key chains. They fit together and had "You have my heart," engraved with a little heart cut out.

"I figured that since you'll be able to drive in a few months that you need a key chain. The second one is for me of course."

"This is perfect. I love it." I leaned over and gave him a kiss. "Hold on."

"Where are you going?" He called as I got up and ran out of the room. I went to Anna's room where I hid Blake's gift so he couldn't find it.

"Here." I handed him the gift as I walked back inside.

"Wait. So you told me not to get you anything, but you got me something anyways?"

"I had a feeling you were going to do something sweet anyways. So, yes. Yes I did."

I got him a watch with a silver face and a brown leather strap. He talked about getting one for a while so I figured it was perfect. "Aiden. This is amazing."

"And look." I turned it over so he could see that I got it engraved with "I love you. Love, Aiden."

"I love you," he said, giving me a kiss.

"I love you too." He put his watch on and looked at it for a moment.

"Okay." He picked up the garbage and moved it outside of the fort. He then put my gift by the T.V. "Let's watch some movies." He already had the first one in and loaded.

After the movie we decide to put on something more comfortable. I was tired so I just changed in the room with Blake instead of going to the closet or bathroom like I would normally do. I looked over and saw that Blake was watching me. "You okay?"

"You're just so beautiful." I blushed and turned away. "Like seriously Aiden. I don't know why you're ever so self-conscious. You're beautiful." He pulled me closer to him and gave me a kiss.

"Babe."

"I know." He gave me another kiss and went to turn away.

"No." I pulled him closer, deepening the kiss. "It's okay."

"Aiden. Are you sure?"

"Yes. I want to."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I think Valentine's Day night ended in a way that neither of us was expecting. I know that I wasn't planning to, I just let my emotions and feelings for Blake take control.

Was I expecting it? No.

Do I regret it? No. Absolutly not.

Everything is different with someone that you love.

I turned around and Blake was still asleep. I ran my hand down his cheek and traced his collar bone. "Good morning handsome," he said groggily. 

"Good morning."

"How are you feeling."

"Good."

He smiled at me. "I think we left the T.V. on."

I chuckled. "Probably."

"Do you want to go shower?" I nodded my head.

After we were showered and dressed we went to clean up the other room. I walked the garbage downstairs as Blake put the pillows away. We folded the blankets and put the T.V. back on the stand. Blake walked the blankets to the closet as I put my gifts in our room and put away the movies. Blake then decided to cook up some eggs and hash browns for breakfast as I sat in the kitchen and watched. We both had the day off of work so after we ate, we curled up on the couch and watched some T.V.

It was a chill day. Julie and Anna went shopping instead of coming straight home so Blake and I heated up leftovers for lunch. It was nice to have a little bit of time for just the two of us. I think I can begin to look forward to Valentine's Day now.