Chapter 35

Aiden's POV

I woke up to sun streaming on my face. I looked around and realized that we fell asleep on the floor as we never made it to the bed after our conversation last night. Thinking about it, I didn't realize that the way my mental health was effecting me was also hurting Blake. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 7:00. Of course I'm up at 7 on a Saturday. I got up, pulling on my sweats and Blake's hoodie. I grabbed my book and walked downstairs, finding Julie sitting at the kitchen table, drinking coffee and reading a magazine. "Good morning."

"Good morning bud. You're up early."

I grabbed a glass of juice and joined her. "Blake has practice today, right?"

"Yeah at one. Leo is picking him up though."

I nodded. "Um, I have a question." She set her magazine down and looked at me. "To get a mental health check, do you just go to the doctor's or do you need to go to a psychologist?"

"You would go to the doctors, and then they would refer you to a psychologist if they feel that you need to go to one." I nodded. "Aiden? Is this your way of telling me that you need a doctor's appointment?"

"I think so. Years ago, heck even just last year, I would've ignored it. But I feel like I actually have so much to lose now. I love Blake to death, along with you and Anna. And knowing that it is hurting him to see me like this, it kills me."

"He talked to you last night?" I nodded. "Well, I'm proud of you for seeing that you need to get help and wanting to make it better. Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, that's okay. And I don't really want Blake to know yet. Not until I get it all sorted out. I don't want him worrying. I figured I would call and see if they had an opening today and I could borrow Blake's car if Leo is getting him."

"Okay, sounds good. Here, I'll text you the number of the doctor that Blake and Anna go to."

"Thank you." I gave them a call and they had an opening at 1:30 so I should be able to get there and back before practice is over. I set the phone down and sighed. "I'm proud of you Aiden. For getting  help." I nodded and we sat there reading for a while until Blake walked in.

"Well, there's my hoodie." I looked over and smiled at him. "Good morning handsome." He walked over and gave me a kiss. "And mom" he kissed her cheek.

"10:00? I think this is the earliest you've been up on a Saturday." She commented.

"Yeah, I want to get a run in."

"Wow, you're in a good mood." I pipped in.

"Hmmm. Okay, has anyone seen my water bottle?"

"Didn't you just have it at practice yesterday?" Julie asked.

"No, I couldn't find it."

"Just use mine babe." He filled it up and came over, hugging me from behind.

He grabbed my book and turned it to the front cover, "Ah, this book again."

"Yes this book again. I need to finish it."

He kissed my cheek, "I'll be back."

"Oh wait. Can I borrow your car later?"

"Of course. You know where the keys are. Um, are you leaving soon?"

"No, not until later. You should be back before." He nodded.

"Be safe hun." Julie told him as he walked out.

- - - - - - - - - 

I've been sitting in the waiting room for ten minutes now and I'm starting to freak out a little. I'm thinking now that maybe I should've brought someone with me. "Aiden Kingsley?" I got up and followed the nurse to the back. She took my weight, height, did a quick check up and left me to wait for the doctor.

The Bully And His Quiet Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें