Chapter 34

Aidens's POV

This summer has flown by, we've done a lot but nothing too eventful. Unfortunately, we didn't do as much all together as we wanted to. We went camping shortly after school got out, but Lindsey did not want to come, saying she's not an outdoor person. We then went to the drive in theater, but Max and Ryan had their weekend thing. The guys went off-roading but I had to work, which was good because honestly, I did not want to go. We were all able to get together for Fourth of July and had a camp out on the beach. I also got my license over the summer and was saving up for a car. We went on a road trip for Blakes' birthday, starting on the coat in Washington, close to where we live and driving down through California. We then got bored and instead of turning around and taking the same route back, we went over to Arizona and up through Utah, Nevada, Idaho, and then back home. For Julie's birthday in August, we took a family trip to Florida. It's the first time I can say that I actually did something over the summer instead of staying home. I'm also lucky to have the boss I do to allow me to take so much time off. 

Now, we have to go back to school. I've always dreaded back-to-school since middle school. Maybe this year won't be as bad, and this time there's actually a part of me that believes that, thanks to Blake. But hey, I'm officially a senior, this is my last year and then I can start fresh. I can go to college where people won't look at me like a freak, or like they know my whole life story. I'm not sure where I want to go yet, but all I know is that wherever it is, I know I want it to be big enough so that even if quite a few people from my school go there, I'm sure that I won't see them that often. I seriously do not want school to start this year, which is honestly the first time I felt like that since middle school. I want summer to last forever so that I can just lay in bed and cuddle Blake all day. I rolled over and wrapped my arm around his waist and laid my head on his chest. We're doing this senior sunrise thing that our class organized, where we get together and watch the sunrise. Which means that we have to get up at 4:30. Which I guess right now is not that big of a deal considering it's 4:00 and I'm already awake. I just knew that it's going to suck later.

I've been tired all the time, yet I can't seem  to ever get a good nights sleep. I rolled onto my back and looked up at the ceiling. He still had some of those stars that got put up when he was kid that he hasn't taken down. The alarm went off and he reached over me to turn it off. he wrapped his arm around my waist and rested his head against my chest. I reached up and ran my hand through his hair. "You're up," he mumbled.

"Yep, seems that way." He chuckled and kissed my shoulder. "We should probably get ready."

"Yeah, okay." He crawled over me, got out of bed, and walked to the bathroom. I heard the shower start, and I took a deep breath, continuing my view on the ceiling. All of the sudden I heard Blake, "You're supposed to be up."

"What?" I looked over at him. "Oh yeah, I'm getting up." I pulled the blanket off and sat up.

"Hey." Blake came up and sat down. "What's going on?" 

"Nothing." He looked over at me a little concerned. "Seriously. Everything's fine." I got up to get dressed and headed downstairs.

Blake's POV

I finished getting ready and went down to find Aiden. He was sitting on the couch staring at the wall. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his neck. "You ready to go?" I asked and he nodded in response. We got to the school and met up with the guys and Lindsey on the football field. Lindsey grabbed Aiden by the arm and walked off. The guys started talking about something but I couldn't focus on the conversation. The next thing I knew, Ryan was pulling me aside.

"Dude, what's going on? You're completely out of it."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I'm just worried about Aiden."