Chapter 29

Blake's POV

"Now what happened with your dad?" Aiden had asked me. I knew I would have to talk about it, but I was so happy that he was back that I was hoping he wouldn't ask.

"He showed up at school."

"What? When?"

"Last Tuesday. After school, after you had left for work."

"What happened?"

"I had walked you out to moms car and as I walking back, he was at the front door. I tried to walk past him but he blocked me from going inside. He started apologizing for showing up at the house that last time and how he moved back closer, about half hour away. He kept saying that he hoped that we could get together and catch up and mend our relationship."

"What did you say to him?"

"Nothing. I just stared at him."

"You didn't say anything?"

"No. It pisses me off that he thinks he can show back up and surprise me at school and everything will be fine."

"Yeah. I get that."

"Anyways. He got mad that I wasn't responded called me immature and walked away."

"Wow."

"Yep. I'm just afraid that he's now going to think that he can just start showing up frequently, and I don't want that."

"Yeah, that makes sense."

"I know I should've told you, but I just didn't want to talk about it."

"I get that. But just remember I want to hear what you're going through. You help me through so much, I want to help you."

"I know. I love you."

"I love you too."

Aiden got up and walked to the closet. He pulled off his shirt and grabbed one of my sweatshirts. I still can't get over how beautiful he is. "Oh, babe?"

"Mhmm," he responded, pulling the sweatshirt over his head. 

"Have you scheduled to take your drive test yet?" He took drivers ed in January and now just needs to take his drive test so he can get his license in June.

"Yeah. It's not next Wednesday, but the Wednesday after."

"Sounds good. You excited?"

"No."

"Why not? You're about to get your license."

"I'm going to fail."

"No you're not. You're a good driver."

"I just know that I'm going to get there, get in the car and then I'm going to freeze." He walked back over to me and sat in my lap.

"You're going to do just fine." I gave him a kiss. "You know what to do, you got this."

"Maybe." He started to play with my hair. 

"Nice distracting method." He smiled at me.

"Boys dinner!"

...

Aiden's POV

I woke up the next morning a little nervous. Today is the day of the BBQ at my mothers house. I was us early but didn't want to get out of bed, so I'm laying here looking out of the window. I felt Blake start to move behind me and then his arm wrap around my waist. "You awake?" he whispered and kissed my behind the ear.