Chapter 19

Aiden's POV

I stood there in shock. Blake just told everyone that I'm his boyfriend and I don't know what to do. Should I run. But then I'll look like an asshole if they're fine with it. But should I stay though? What if they hate us and actually turn on Blake? I stayed frozen, my thoughts buzzing around.

"Since when?" Leo asked.

"Couple weeks ago," Blake answered as I was still frozen.

"Whoa wow." Ryan added. Wait so does that mean they're okay with it?

"Wait, then why did we pick on him if you liked him?" Max asked.

"So does that mean you guys are okay with this?" I finally piped up.

"Yeah man, I've always been okay with this stuff. Sorry for messing you, I just wanted to fit in so followed these guys," Alex answered me.

A chorus of yeahs followed him, and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Wait, why didn't you guys tell me that you didn't care about gay people?"

"We were afraid you wouldn't approve," Max answered.

"Approve of what? What you think about people?" Blake asked.

"It's not just that," Ryan chipped in.

"Then what is it?" Blake asked. Ryan reached over and grabbed Max's hand. "Wait, what? You two?" They nodded. "Since?"

"Almost a year," Max responded.

"Did everyone else know?" They all nodded. "Whoa."

If you think about it, it kind of makes sense. Ryan and Max stayed mostly out of the bullying thing. They also seemed to be the closest of the group.

"Okay this went a lot better than I thought it would." Blake said.

By that time the bell had rung and we started walking to class, I could mummers among other students. Word gets around fast in this school. If only five people saw what happened in the hallway, the whole school will know by second period. I don't know how it will go over with the rest of the school, I'm not liked by many, but hopefully it won't be too bad. When we walk into class I go to sit in my normal back corner, but this time Blake and Ryan follow me instead of going to their normal seats in the middle of the room. Blake sits in the one right next to my while Ryan sits in front of me, which confuses me. I would've at least expected him to sit closer to Blake. Class started and I could see people glancing over at us during roll. This might actually be a lot worse. I thought to myself.

It wasn't until Blake nudged my and said, "He's here," did I realize that Mrs. Porter was calling my name for roll.

"Stay awake now," she told me.

"Sorry ma'am," I replied.

Once roll was over Blake turned to me and asked, "Are you okay?" I nodded in response. It was about half way through class when some kid moved to the seat diagonal from me, next to Ryan. She turned to me staring me straight into the eyes.

"Is it true?" She asked.

"Is what true?" Ryan butted in.

She turned and glared at him. "I am not talking to you," she spat and then turned back to me. "I'm talking to you. Is it true?"

"He has a name," Blake told her.

"I. Don't. Care," she said, singling out her words.

"Well. I. Do," Blake mocked.

"Fine. Is it true, Aiden?" She said my name like it was going to kill her.

"I'm sorry. But is what true?" I finally said.

"That you're trying to steal my boyfriend." I looked at her confused. "My friend heard from one of her friends that she saw you hold Blake's hand like you were dating." I widened my eyes and turned to Blake, who banged his head on the desk. "You need to keep your gay faggot ass away from my boyfriend."

"Oh. My. God." Blake picked his head up. "You and I are not dating Ruby. We never were and never will."

"What are you talking about? Did this guy brain wash you and infect you with his disease? Last I remember we were in a happy relationship." She rebuttaled.

"Me ignoring your texts and avoiding you in the hallways is a happy relationship for you? Because if that's so, you're the one with a problem. Now you can stay the fuck away from me and my boyfriend and leave us alone, or I swear to god I will make your life a living hell. You understand?" She gasped at him, whipped around, sending her hair flying, and stormed off to her friend again. Blake reached over and rubbed a soothing hand on the top of my back. "I'm sorry," he told me.

"It's okay."

"She's delusional. You have one conversation with her and she thinks you two are automatically a thing," Ryan added.

"Ugh. Yeah." Blake took his arm back and laid his head on the desk. "Is it time to go home yet?"

"Huh. I wish," Ryan answered. The rest of class was fairly quiet. Mrs. Porter decided to go easy on us and let us read for most of the period.

Blake slid his desk over to mine. "I forgot my book at home. You should let me read with you." I slid my book over so half of it was on his desk and half of it on mine. "What are you reading?" I closed the book so he could see the title. "How to Kill a Mockingbird. Why?" I shrugged my shoulders. It was the first book I grabbed off the shelve and I'm not that picky when it comes to reading. "Well then I guess I'll just act like I'm reading. I hate this book." I laughing at him and then went back into the book.

Up until lunch I surprisingly didn't have any problems with anyone. Someone from Blake's group had somehow always ended up walking through the hallway with me. None of them actually have any classes with me until p.e. so there was no reason for them to. But of course, me being me, I didn't say anything. I knew it was Blake and I'll let him be protective for a while. It felt nice to be honest. When lunch finally came around, Blake practically dragged me over to his table. He bought me a lunch, consisting of a ham and cheese sandwich, grapes, chips, pudding, and milk. He knows that I won't eat it so I don't know what he's doing.

When we sat down he took my lunch, leaving half the sandwich, a small buddle of grapes, the chips, the pudding, and the milk on my tray. "I don't care about the pudding but at least try to eat the rest. Please?" I nodded my head and he kissed my cheek.

"Pda," Max said as he sat down.

"Oh shut up. I bet you and Ryan do the same thing," Blake said.

"Nah."

"Okay I'll bet you 10 bucks that he'll do it as he sits down." Blake reached his hand out.

"Deal." Max reached over and gave Blake a firm hand shake. "Be prepared to lose because he's not going to do it."

"Who's not going to do what?" Ryan asked as he sat down. He leaned over and left a kiss and Max's cheek.

"Ha! I told you." Blake grinned.

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever." Max grabbed his wallet and pulled out a ten, giving it to Blake.

"What just happened?" Ryan asked. Max told the quick story of the bet. "Of course you guy's betted on me. Just like always."

"Only because you're so predictable," Max teased.

"Excuse you. I am full of surprises."

"Yeah you are," Max gave in.

Lunch went by pretty fast and I did end up eating most of what Blake gave me. Next was p.e. and most of us are all in the same p.e. class. Some of them did schedule changes which put them all in there. The only guys who weren't here were Max and Alex. My doctor still doesn't want me to be involved with p.e. so I'm sitting out. Which I don't mind since they are playing flag football, which I absolutely hate with a burning passion. Too many hands and not enough space.

I was standing on the side line when I heard a "YO AIDEN!" being yelled behind me. I turned around and all I saw was a football flying towards me.