Chapter 25

Blake's POV

I woke up to sunshine streaming across my face. It's Christmas Eve and we have dinner with my whole family. Aiden said that he's nervous about it. Luckily, it's being held at our house so he doesn't have to be in a strangers home. Plus, if he gets overwhelmed he can just come up to the bedroom for a little bit. I looked over at Aiden, who was still sleeping, and smiled. I won't ever get tired of waking up next to him every morning.

There was a knock at my door. I got up, carful to not wake Aiden and walked over to answer, and found Anna. "Hey, sorry if you I woke you."

"No. I was awake."

"Okay. Mom just realized that we forgot to get more cranberry sauce because we were low and now she's freaking out. She wants you to go get some."

"Right now? We have all day still."

"Like I said, she's freaking out. It's our first time hosting and she's afraid that something will go wrong."

"Okay, give me a few minutes. Do me a favor and look at what we have to see if there's anything else we may be missing. I don't want to have to take multiple trips to the grocery store."

"Yeah okay. Just don't take too long please."

I walked back to the bed and slightly shook Aiden. "Baby. Baby I have to go." He groaned and slowly opened his eyes. "There's my prince." I smiled at him. "Hey, mom's freaking out and I have to go to the grocery store for her."

"Do you want me to come with?"

"That's up to you."

He yawned. "I think I'm going to go back to sleep."

I chuckled at him. "Okay. I'll be back soon." I gave him a quick kiss and then went to get dressed. "Anna, is there anything else I need to get?" I asked as I walked downstairs.

"I would get some butter just to be safe."

"Okay. I'll be back soon."

Aiden's POV

When I woke back up, the house seemed quiet. If I listened really close I could just make out someone walking around downstairs. I got up and stretched, then walked down and found Anna in the kitchen. "Good morning. Just to warn you, mom is slightly freaking out about getting everything ready." She told me.

"Where is she right now?" I asked as I walked over to the fridge. 

"Shower." I opened up the fridge and looked around for some juice.

"Is all of this juice off limits?" I asked Anna.

"No. There should be an open one in the back somewhere." I finagled some things around and finally found it. "Hey, can you pass me the open cranberry sauce?" I found it sitting in the door and passed to Anna as I walked over to get a glass.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I poured some juice.

"Just getting some basic preparations done." She responded pouring the sauce into a small bowl. "So mom doesn't freak out any more about getting it all done." She covered the bowl and placed it back into the fridge.

"Is there anything you want me to do?" I asked as I walked to the table and set the juice down on it. 

"I think we're okay until we start the actual cooking process now." She walked to the table and we both sat down. "You excited for tonight?

"I think nervous is the appropriate term."

"Yeah, I don't blame you."

"Can I ask you a question?" She nodded her head. "Do you know if Blake has told anyone about him and I dating?"