Chapter 12

Blakes POV

I woke up to my phone alarm going off, I reached over and dismissed it. I looked down at Aiden, he looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. I think that that's the only peace he gets in his life. When he's sleeping. I want to let him sleep all day. But we acually have to go to school today, it's Friday, we started this school year on Tuesday, which was weird, kinda fucked with my mind. I nudged Aiden and he moved into a tighter ball and let out a groan. I chuckled at him.

"Aiden we have to go to school today. C'mon." He opened his eyes to glare at me. "Don't give me that look. We have to go today."

"I don't wanna." He whispered.

"I know. But we're going. Now wake up. Imma go shower." I stood up and stretched. I grabbed a change of clothes and walked to the bathroom to start the shower.

Aiden's POV

I didn't want to move. Blakes bed is so warm and comfortable, I could lay here forever. But I knew that I would have to get up at somepoint. I rolled off the bed and onto the floor. I looked out the window, the sun shinning across my face. I don't know how long I can actually stay away from home before my dad comes to find me. For right now though, it's nice to have a little break.

The door to the bathroom opened, I looked over and saw Blake walk out of the steam filled room. "Hey." He said, looking at me confused. "Why are you on the floor?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "You know, I don't have my school stuff." I told him.

He chuckled as he ran a towel through his hair. "We'll figure something out." I sighed. "Now, go shower." I looked back out the window. "Aiden."

"I'm going, I'm going." I pushed myself up off the floor. I walked over and picked up my clothes that were on the dresser.

I walked towards the bathroom. Blake grabbed me by the waist, making me jump, what felt like 5 feet into the air. I looked at him with fear.

"I'm sorry." He told me. His grip soften to the point that I can walk away if I want to. Something was keeping me there though. "I'm going to work my ass off to make it better. To fix it." I stared in his eyes with a hint of confusion. "You're having nightmares. You talk during them too." He looked towards the ground.

My face fell some more. "I've always had nightmares Blake."

"Not about me you haven't. Or not about all of us guys at school." My eyes started to water, and I saw his start to also. "I'm so sorry, baby." He moved his hand to caress my cheek. He used his thumb to wipe my tears. "I want to fix this. I don't expect you to forgive what I did before. But I want to fix it now. I'm going to do all I can." He placed his lips my forehead. "I promise." He wrapped me into a warm embrace, I could hear his heartbeat. "Now go shower. We'll figure out your school stuff when you're done."

I nodded my head and walked into the bathroom. I set my clothes down on the counter, then turned around and started the shower. I pulled off my shirt, the fabric stinging the cuts on my arms. A couple of them opened back up. I looked in the mirror for a moment. I look so terrible and the cuts don't help. I hate how I look, and I wish I could just change everything. I took the rest of my clothes off and stepped into the shower. I stood there and felt the water run over my body, stinging my cuts. I quickly washed my hair, face, and body and shut off the water. I stood there for a moment letting the water drip off of me. I stepped out of the shower and dryed myself off with the towel being careful not to re-open my cuts. I slipped on my clothes and walked out.

Blake was in the room waiting for me. "Hey, is you dad home in the mornings?"

"Yeah. But he's usually asleep. Why?"

"Do you want to go get your school stuff? Maybe pick up a few of your other things for staying over longer?" He asked.

I looked into his eyes and thought for a moment. I slowly nodded my head and looked down at the floor. I was nervous, I really do hope that he's asleep so I won't run into him. Blake pulled my into his chest, "It'll be okay." He told me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pressed my ear to his chest to listen to his heartbeat. We stood there for a moment quiet. "We should go get breakfast." He whispered. I slowly nodded my head and let go.

He grabbed my hand and we walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Blake's mom was cooking pancakes and scrambled eggs. "Good morning boys."

"Morning mom." Blake answered while I offered a friendly smile. His mom handed Blake a plate half full of eggs and three pancakes. "Thanks. It looks delicious." He gave his mom a kiss on the cheek and sat down at the table.

"You know, you don't have to say that about every meal I make." She stated.

"Well it's true about every meal you make." He responded shoving a fork full of eggs in his mouth and reaching for the syrup from the middle of the table.

"Here you go Aiden." She handed me a plate with a pancake and a small amount of eggs. "Eat what you can sweetie. Don't feel obligated to eat the whole thing." She laid a hand on the side of my neck and ran her thumb across my cheek.

"Thank you." I told her looking into her eyes that matched Blakes'. She smiled warmly at me and I went to sit down next to Blake.

A minute later Anna ran into kitchen. "Thanks mom." She picked up a plate and quickly came to the table and started eating.

"A little late are we Anna?" Blake asked looking at the clock.

"Shut up! I was up late last night."

"Talking to that new boyfriend of yours?" He asked.

"Boyfriend! Anna?" Their mom questioned her.

"NO! I do NOT have a boyfriend!" Anna came back.

"Ssuuurrreeee." Blake teased. Anna tossed a piece of pancake across the table at him. I smiled at their sibling fighting, kind of wishing I had a sibling of my own. "Oh we have to leave early to. We are going to stop by Aiden's before school." Anna nodded and kept eating. I was able to eat half of my food before Blake told us it was time to go.

I walked into the kitchen and put my plate on the counter by the sink. "Thank you ma'am."

"Anytime Aiden." She said and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "And don't call me ma'am. It makes me feel old. And I am not that old."

I smiled at her and nodded. I pulled on my shoes and went outside. "Bye mom, love you." I heard Blake and Anna yell from inside and both of them walked out. "Hey, are you ready?" Blake asked me. I took a deep breath, nodded, and we all got in the car. Blake driving, me in the passenger seat, and Anna in the back.

I gave Blake slight directions, he knew where I lived, just not exactly. When we got to my house I slowly opened my door and was about to get out. "Aiden." I looked over to Blake. "5 minutes. If you're not back in 5 minutes I'm going in to find you." I nodded my head and got out.

I walked to the door, and checked it, locked. I grabbed the key out of the bushes next to the steps and quietly un-locked the door. I slowly open the door, the house was quiet I walked through the living room and up stairs. I made it to my room and grabbed a bag out of my closet. I threw in almost everything I had. A few clothes, my tooth brush, and my own shampoo. I walked back into my room and grabbed my school bag.

"Hello Aiden. Long time no see."