Chapter 36

Aiden's POV

I gave Blake a few minutes before walking upstairs. When I got there he was grabbing some clothes. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to go sleep in the guest room." He walked towards the door but I was blocking it. "Aiden, move. Please."

"Are you really that mad at me?"

"Yes." He sighed. "No. I'm upset. I'm worried about you, and you're not exactly treating this."

"But I am Blake."

"With therapy? Why not with anti-depressants."

"Because Blake..." I stopped with the bathroom door in the hallway opening.

"Everything okay out here?" Anna asked, walking out. 

I smiled at her. "Yeah. Of course." She raised her eyebrow at me but continued to her room. I stepped into our room and shut our door, Blake taking a step back. "We're just starting with therapy."

"You're starting with therapy." He rebutted.

"Will you just listen to me? Please?" He finally set his clothes down and motioned for me to keep going. "I'm afraid to medicate something that I can possibly treat without."

He scoffed a little. "What do you mean afraid?"

"My dad's an alcoholic. I read that it's easier for a child of an addict to become an addict. I don't want that to happen to me. At least not anymore, not right now."

"You're nothing like your father."

"I don't want to take that chance though Blake." I started to tear up a little while he just looked at me. "It's an acute form, that can be monitored with therapy, it's nothing to be overly worried about right now. And I promised the doctor and I promise you, that if it it gets any worse, I will get medication for it. I mean it."

"You promise."

"I 100% promise."

"Okay." He responded.

"Okay?" He held out his and pulled me to him. "So, we're okay then?"

He nodded. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted like that, I should've heard you out first." He pulled me into his lap and gave me a kiss.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Blake's POV

Today is Aiden's birthday, and I woke up early to make sure I was up before him. Before my birthday we agreed not to buy each other anything. He's actually been sleeping in the guest room, his therapist is hoping that he'll learn to cope with his thoughts better. They found that with seeing me every night that a lot of times he'll use me to cope. Unfortunately we have school today, so we can't spend all day celebrating, it is Friday though, so we can stay out late. I walked over to the guest room and crouched down next to him. "Babe," I whispered, running my hand through his hair. He slowly started opening his eyes. "Happy birthday, my prince." I kissed his forehead.

"What time is it?" He groaned. 

"Six."

"Cuddles," he said groggily and I crawled in, he nuzzled into me. "I love you," he whispered into my ear.

"I love you too." We laid there for a while until I told him that I had something for him.

"I thought we said no gifts."

"Well think of it as less of a gift and more of a reminder that I love you." I grabbed his card, which I practically wrote a essay in and handed it to him. It just pretty much describes how much I love him and how much he means to me. He started to get a little emotional while reading through it. I also put together a collage with pictures  from our summer mod-podged onto a canvas.