Chapter 9

Blake's POV

Anna eyes widened at me. "What do you mean?"

"When we were younger and mom went to the hospital. We told you she slipped and hit her head."

"Dad did that?!" I nodded.

"I saw him. I didn't know what was going on. Mom told me not to say anything to you. She told me it was a mistake he made. She said that you could only know that she slipped." Tears started to fall from my eyes.

Anna started to cry again and latched onto Aiden. "How could he do that?" She asked.

"I don't know. Sometimes parents don't know exactly how to be a parent." Aiden answered.

"They have like only a couple expectations. One is to love their family not hurt them." She said.

"That is true. And it's terrible. But some people aren't ready to have a family yet, and they end up hurting them. Sometimes they make you feel bad about yourself." Aiden said lifted Anna's head to meet her eyes. "But you have to stay strong. Life throws you obstacles. This is one. You get pass this and you come out stronger than before. You guys have been through a lot it sounds like. But look at you two. You have a strong bond with each other. You guys take care of, and care for each other. That's family." She nodded her head at him. "Now don't cry. It's all going to be okay." He told her, wiping her tears from her cheeks.

"Thank you. I'm going to go to my room." She gave Aiden a hug then ran over to me. "Love you bro." She said hugging me.

"Love you too." I told her as she walked out. I looked back at Aiden. He was basically staring at the wall kind of zoned out. I stood up to throw away my water bottle.

"You okay Blake?" He asked turning to me.

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks for helping Anna." He nodded putting his forearms on the counter and looking at it. "Hey that stuff you said about family." Aiden looked up at me. "Do you consider you dad as family."

"I don't know. Not really. I like to think of him as a relitive I unfortunately have." He looked back down at the counter. "I guess I like to say I never really did have a family. I'm just stuck with my dad."

"You know why I want to help you get out of there so much right?" I asked him.

"I do now." He answered. "But it's not like I just have someplace to go. Some person to go to."

"I'm sorry to ask this, but what happened to your family?"

"My mom left when I was about seven. None of her family was really expecting her to have a kid. So when she left I was pretty much not considered family anymore." He took a deep breath. "And my dad's side." He choked up a bit. "I'm a disgrace, ignorant, worthless, waste of space, faggot, peice of shit teen who was a huge mistake."

Tears started to fall down his face. I walked over to him and pulled him into a hug. "I'm so sorry."

"It doesn't matter." He pulled away and wiped his tears.

"It does Aiden. It really does." He looked at me then shook his head and started down at the floor. I heard a knock at the door. My heart dropped to my stomach and looked at the clock. I let out a sigh of relief when I noticed it was after school. "It's more than likely Leo." I told Aiden.

Aiden tensed up at the mention of Leo. I patted his shoulder and walked to the door. I swung it open to Leo on the front step. "Hey asshole." He greeted and walked pass me into the house.

"What's up dick?" I asked.

"The party's Friday night. It's going to be lit. Tons of people. A lot of girls."