1 Mered: My Not-So-Great Home

"Mered ,how could you do this, you know you shouldn't have done that you evil girl". That's all I ever heard growing up , living in a foster home with other snotty brats and children who are "difficult to comprehend". They don't know anything about me, my background or my former parents. All I heard was that I was found near the dumpster, that's right, dumped by my former parents. " How could you imagine?", they say, or "Is that why that child is so difficult?". That's right, I am a child with 'behavior issues', difficult to understand or in other words ,lacking in their right mind. The staff couldn't care less if you were sick or injured , as if putting a little band-aid on top will fix our physiological pain. I just sit in my room all day planning my escape. I would somehow dig a hole in the ground, prepare a tunnel from the entrance underground and find my life from there. Unfortunately my plan always failed. I got beaten with a rod for trying to escape, lost count of how many, but feeling the sharp pain of the rod only wanted to make me run away even more. I can't even count how many scars I got but I won't be getting anymore soon. That's right, I'll leave someday , but not on my own, I'll leave with the others, the other species of the North.   In case you don't know who these were I'll just explain. They are actually these group of people with special powers or abilities that hit earth a long time ago. We actually use to live in Honocave , the home I had before. They started to pop up all over the world and police started to track them down,one by one. Since they didn't know who we were , they called us 'species of the North' because we Hinocave was northern of the Earth's orbit. I had to run away a couple of times change my identity and had to find a place to stay. Also, my name wasn't Mered , it was Amber. I was very rebellious and stubborn when I moved to this foster home. It's probably because I had many more before this one. 6 to be exact, and I never liked any of them. They only thing I liked about this home is that they didn't beat you constantly, only if you do something wrong, they say. And I've done a lot of bad things, escaping, attacking the other children. I felt as if I had to take out my anger on an object, or person, but it wasn't cold anger, it was a full vent of frustration. I slumped down in my bed and just start crying . Then I feel the breeze from the main door opening, a new child has arrived.
...
If school started tomorrow , I didn't want to have puffy eyes on the first day. I quickly dried my tears and ran downstairs to welcome the new child. She looked like a little malnourished girl;brown shabby hair , very skinny and had dark circles underneath her eyes. I kind of pitied her, it was obvious she came from an abusive home. She walked in with a pair of worn out runners, holes in her jeans and a sweater that seemed too big for her with the words ' I Ate a Squirrel!' in bold letters. Although I pitied her , I also despised her, she won't stay in this home very long. In a matter of weeks she'd be in a permanent foster home with good parents, and we, the difficult children , will be left, carrying out our prison sentence. The faint blurry light of the morning filled my eyes. School was going to start today. All the teenagers in the home went to the same high school. It was a public one that was perfectly placed in the middle of two buildings, a church and a café. The good thing is that it was ten minutes away so I could walk to and fro from school with no hassle. The staff always told us about looking presentable so they always pick out our clothes for school. I hated cardigans but I had to wear them anyways , to look 'presentable'. That was the image of someone wearing a cardigan , tie, and a short skirt I always see in the dramas on British tv. We all had to leave home by 8:00 because school started at 8:15 so if we had some time from walking , it'd be a five minute wait for the bell to ring and the signal that class is starting. Five minutes away from the high school was a little elementary school, that's were the kids from the foster home went. The staff relied on the teenagers to drop the kids at school. Since I was the oldest in the home , I had to drop them off. Waving a final goodbye, I rushed out of the door along with the children , the new girl wasn't very excited or amused. "What's your name?", I asked. "Agnes", she said in a meek voice. "Well, Agnes , are you excited for school?". "Why should I be?, I hate being there , I hate all the kids staring at me and I hate being in this foster home". I gave her a grim look. " Well your a lucky little girl, your going to be fostered in no time and we'll be left to suffer so just be happy your prison sentence is short", I retorted. All she did was look at me with a puzzled face and then glared at me. I glared back. We were not going to be friends. When the last kid stepped into the building, I headed back were my high school was. As I looked up at the building , I proudly looked at the name right above it ;' Cronning King' high school. The name was wierd but I thought this school would be the only chance of my escape from this dump, because I was going to accomplish this mission, not lose. As I walked through the hallways, it's like what I'd seen in movies; lockers in rows with kids in every direction you turn , it was indeed scary. I couldn't look away, I felt I was being attacked . My steps became rigid and I felt like I was going to fall. It was a circle of pictures until my head lay flat on the floor and my image was blurry. Then I saw a hand reach out. I couldn't really see , but it was a boys hand, skinny with veins popping out. When my vision finally cleared I saw his face. He had dark eyes that seemed to lighten as I looked at them and his hair was dark with bangs that swept across his face. "Are you alright?", he asked. I didn't respond , I just stared blankly at him, the locket I got from home felt a familiar aura, like he was someone I knew . Then it hit me, the locket started changing colours, and I knew what was up. He was one of those people I'm trying to find , probably those 'species'.