11 Mered: ...? What's happening?

By the way, this is supposed to be a picture of Jeffrey. Just came to note that. What do you think will happen next? Is Jeffrey to be a friend or enemy? -Attackinanime 😅
"Hey, Lucas. Is this you're lost item?"

"Thanks Jeffrey,"Lucas replies, and then grasps my hand, angrily.

"You got the rooms already?"

I was really puzzled. It's the guy that came to our cabin. He knows Lucas, but he seems weird. He's really tall, first of all. I'd say 6'1. His voice is kind of husky, but otherwise a regular teenage guy. Yeah, I'd assume that.

"I got the rooms okay? Anyways I live one floor higher than you , so I'll tell you when to do stuff and such."
He peers down at me. I seem to feel a rock in my throat.

"Can I know your name again?"

"Mered.", I say, my voice is raspy.

"Well hi Mered. You may not know what's happening because I told Lucas not to tell you anything. I reserved a room for you two, so you can hide here."
So that's why Lucas didn't say anything or reply to my questions. I look at Lucas, but he doesn't face me. I grab on tighter to his arm.

"It's okay don't be scared. It's all part of the plan to keep us hidden. You'd understand because your a 'specie', right?"

I give a somewhat nod, but something doesn't feel right. I'm sort of suspicious of this guy. I'd expect my locket  to glow, but it doesn't.
He carries our luggage and we take the elevator up, to room 405.

"This will be your room, everything's set already, so if you need anything , I'm right upstairs, room 504. See ya."

He leaves the room and I seem to calm down. Actually, I didn't calm down, I raged.

"How could you do this, Lucas? Without telling me? Did you expect me to follow dumbly along to your plan? No, I won't abide!"

"Calm down Mered. Jeffrey is just looking out for us, he's my friend okay?"

"I don't know. I'm suspicious about him. When he's around, I get a strange aura, Lucas."

"It's just because you don't know him. Trust me, he teases a lot , but he is a nice guy."

We unpack and call it a day. The room is nice. Hotel-like. The walls are orange and like the cabin, there are two beds, one near the window and one opposite the door. There is a small bathroom too. Green walls with sink, bath and towels are all neat and tidy. There is a small radio as well as a tv on top of a wooden dresser. This room is actually high- quality.

Once I've had a shower and brushed my teeth , i choose the bed near the window and start to sleep. Lucas is opposite me, but he has headphones and he looks somehow, peaceful. Only until he notices me staring at him.

"What?,"he says in his usual tone of voice.

"Nothing."

Is the book good so far? It's seems Jeffrey is helpful. Or is he? -Attackinanime

The Tale of Capture Trilogy: Species of The Northजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें