Chapter six Dancing on the edge

Adrian
2 weeks later
My fingers hovered over the keyboard.
I began to type.
Dear lady,
You still up for our date? Cause Saturday sounds PURRfect for me. Can't wait to see what malady likes. What do you say?
Silly kitty:)

I sent the Email out and within seconds she emailed back! She so loves me!
I clicked on it.

My sweet kitty,
Hey Saturday sounds great. Nice cat puns. (Rolls eyes). Tikki emailed me, did she email you? Something about a final dance. I'm scared kitty what if she has lost the club. I can't lose it, it's boosted my confidence! You've seen me cry, I'm a wreck like that 24-7. What if we lose touch, your one of my best friends.
Ugh, can't believe in saying this your bugaboo. There I said it! Last time though! :)

No email. Ba ha ha! It's April first! Ladybug so got pranked by Tikki. She so cares about our......I just noticed she friend zoned me. Ugh why? She did say bugaboo though. I started to type.

Dear bugaboo,
It's April first lol! You so got pranked. Um, friends...yeah best friends. You said bugaboo I'll give you that.
Silly kitty.

And send.

I looked at the clock. Oh jeez, late for school. I grabbed marrinette's jacket she made me and ran downstairs.
"Adrian, your late." I heard my father say behind me.

"I know! I'm sorry!" I turned. "What is that your wearing?" He asked emotionless. "My friend made it. She's a designer, she's really good!" I smiled.

"Alright be careful, she may be using you as a walking sales model. I would play it safe and wear the jacket I made you." My dad looked at the white jacket he designed for me not long ago.

"Marrinette's a friend she would never do that." I defend her. "Don't say I didn't warn you that people will start asking her to make them stuff." He crossed his arms.

"So what if they do? She's really good." I said getting angry. "I'm just trying to protect you." I stopped him right there

"from what? From a actual real friend. Just so you can use me as your sales person? She's my friend and she actually cares about me and my feelings unlike you. Your never there for me." I burst angrily letting all the bottled up feelings flow out.

I stormed out of the house not caring what my father would say, look or do. I was fed up with his dumb excuses. I closed the car door and the gorilla drove off towards the school.

I got out at the front of the school and held the jacket on tight as the wind blew. I looked up and saw marrinette starring at me.

"Thanks again for the jacket." I forced a smile, I was still upset from the fight with my father. I walked past her into the school. I looked back slightly, she was watching me.

From what I could see her face was red, must be from the cold.

I walked into class and saw Nino sitting next to Ayla in marrinette's usual seat. I shrugged and sat down where I usually sit. Marrinette walked in and saw where Nino was sitting.

Her face was red, perhaps she was still cold. She slid into the seat beside me. "You cold?" I whispered. "Not really." She turned red. Was she blushing? She has mixed up her words before but, I never really saw her blush.

---------------------

Marrinette
After class
The bell blared loudly and I shot up from my seat and gave Ayla a why would you do this to me look. I ran out the door and into girls room. I starred at the mirror.