Chapter fithteen Lost

Marrinette
A month later
The doctor had told me my ankle should be good to walk and dance on.
To see my Chat it was gonna be great. My parents dropped me off at school.
Ayla was sitting on the steps.
"Guess who's all healed!" I smiled and started to walk up the stairs. She got up and walked into the school without a word or smile. I frowned, was I really losing her? I walked into class. I went to take my seat but, Nino was in it. I gave him a confused look. He just shrugged. I sat in Nino's usual seat, Chloe glared at me. "Hey, what in the world do you think your doing?" Chloe yelled and pointed at me. The whole class stopped there conversation and looked at me. My face turned warm and I sunk in my seat. "First you, are always talking to him and now you sit next to him? He's my Adrikins, you have no right! OMG are you dating my Adrikins?" Chloe screeched. Everyone whispered. I looked at Ayla for help but, she just gave me a disappointed look. Just when I thought I'd die, Adrien walked in. He saw what was happening. "Does any of this involve you, No. Get back to your lives. People are aloud talking to other people." He looked fed up with all the drama. He sat next to me. "You ok?" He whispered to me. I nodded. The bell rang and the lesson started. I felt dazed. Why had Ayla done that to me? What had I done wrong? Adrien glanced nervously at me. I pushed away the things that made me want to cry. I raised my had, "miss, may I go to the bathroom?" I asked. She nodded. I gathered my stuff and hurried to the bathroom. Tears warning to fall at any moment. I locked myself in a stall. I wiped the tears on my jacket sleeve. Why did Ayla suddenly hate me? I heard the bell ring. I didn't move for a minute. I unlocked the stall door and walked to my locker. I starred at it for a bit before I saw a shadow behind me. "You alright princess?" The voice asked. I turned, Adrien stood behind me. "I'm fine." I hid the tears. "Don't shut down on me, what's wrong?" He asked with worry in his eyes. "Nothing!" I sniffled. I ran off. I could feel him watching me go. I ran down the stairs and locked myself in the bakery. I slid down the door and covered my face as I started to cry. I heard footsteps then knocking. I didn't bother to look up. "Please just tell me." The person outside said. I ignored them.

---------------------

Adrien
On the other side of the door
I slid down the door on the outside when she didn't answer me. I looked at the sky. Then at the ground. I tried again "please, why do you feel I can't help?" I asked. I turned and looked at the door. She was no longer on the other side. The door was still locked. "Why must you make this difficult?" I said running to the fire escape. It ended short of the balcony. I took a deep breath and jumped. Only one hand held me. I looked down, "well that doesn't seem fun." I huffed and pulled myself up. Out of breath I opened the sky window door to her balcony. "Hello?" I said. I jumped onto her bed. I climbed down from the loft bed. "Ma lady?" I asked. She was lying on the little couch in her room. She faced away from me. "Come on, I just risked my life to get here." I smiled. "The back door was open. Silly kitty!" She said emotionless. "Even upset you have a sense of humour." I laughed. "Ayla isn't a good friend if she treats you like trash all of a sudden, it's not your fault!" I sat on the edge of the couch. "Chloe doesn't help." She said blankly. "Since when do you care what she thinks?" I asked. "I don't, I'm just saying she doesn't help." She turned and looked at me. Her face was red from tears, her eyes glossed over as if she was gonna cry again. There was just sadness even that wasn't there. "If it helps we can tell Ayla and ignore Chloe." I tried to see if that would make it better. "No, Ayla doesn't deserve to know after the way she's been treating me, and it doesn't fix anything at school. Keep your secret." She cried and turned back over. "I'm gonna give you some time on your own cause I see your not ready for my help, just know that you are the only one for me." I got up and left through the bakery this time. It started to rain. I was soaked when I got home. I didn't care though. I walked up to my room, a box was there. A note on top.

Kitty,
Thanks for the macaroons. Here I know this is your favourite. See you Friday.
LB/Marrinette 

I opened the box and took out a macaroon of my favourite flavour. I sat back in my computer chair. "How on earth did she get it here?, it wasn't here this morning." I smiled.

--------------------

Marrinette
That night
I was sketching a surprise birthday party, knowing his father wouldn't.
I had stopped crying and realized if Ayla was mad at me so be it. Chloe, is just an annoying blonde. I realize now I should only care what I think. It was getting late, so I got changed and climbed up to my loft bed. I saw the moon through my window, it looked so big and bright but, not blinding like the sun. My eye lids felt heavy and as they closed I felt relaxed. Then I fell asleep waiting for the sun to come up and start the next day.