Chapter 10 A challenge for a Cat

I sat at my desk and pulled out some paper and an envelope. I started to write a note to Chat.

Dear Chat,
If you say you'll like me behind the mask no matter who I am, at the club on Friday 2 months from now I'll show up as me, without the mask. If you can find me without one mistake. If you can do this I know you mean the truth. The challenge is yours kitty. Show me that you really do like me.
Ladybug

I dropped it off with Tikki and she sent it to him. All I had to do now was wait.

-------------------

Adrien
At school
As I walked into school I grabbed the letter from my pocket. Tikki said it was from ladybug. I sat down in my seat, and started to read. I tuned out the teacher. I looked up shocked "Adrien would you like to share this note?" The teacher asked. "Not really." I slunk back in my seat. "Then I'll share this interesting note." She walked over her heels clicking on the floor. I handed her the paper. "If you say you'll like me behind the mask no matter who I am, at the club on Friday 2 months from now I'll show up as me, without the mask. If you can find me without one mistake. If you can do this I know you mean the truth. The challenge is yours. Show me that you really do like me."
She finished I blushed. I looked behind me and I looked at Ayla. "Late." Is all she said to me. The teacher handed back the note and continued the lesson. I felt warmth in my face. I covered my face the entire lesson. Marrinette had just missed my embarrassing moment. She walked in right after it. The bell rang and I speed walked out of the classroom gripping the note in my hand. To my surprise it was snatched out of my hand. I turned. Chloe had my note. "Who is this girl, don't you know that I'm the only one for you. We're meant to be Adrikins!" The blonde hugged me. "Chloe let go, I want my note back." I said anger seeping through in my tone. "Just tell me who this girl is, cause already I can tell you do much better. Me I'm way better, then this dorky girl. Like a note? How oldies does it get?" Chloe laughed at the note. "Chloe it's none of your business, just give me the note." I hissed and tried to snatch the note. She dropped it into a trash can. "Oops, to late. Forget that girl, you can do so much better." She pointed at herself and her heels clicked down the stairs. "No!" I whispered. I knew the challenge, I knew when it was but, ladybug had hand written that letter. The last bell had been my prayer answered. I walked out of the school and down the front steps. "Adrien, our you ok? You look really sad." Marrinette asked from the top stairs. She sounded like ladybug because she didn't stutter. She caught up with me. "Here, my dad made me these but, I know there your favourite." She handed me a little box with the bakery's design on it. "Thank you marrinette that's very nice of you." I faked a smile. "I got to go, hope everything's ok." She called running off to her home. I got into the car and we drove towards my house. It was cold, dark and lonely inside. My father was no where to be found. I walked up to my room and closed the door. I emailed ladybug to tell her I accept her challenge. If only I still had the note.
Dear bugaboo,
This challenge will be a piece of cake. I'll find you cause, I really do mean the truth but, to prove it to you I accept. I'll show you that I'd never lie to you.
Love Kitty.
I clicked send. This was gonna workout in the long run, I'm gonna find ladybug and I'll show her that my love is true.

-------------------

Marrinette
Friday
I walked into the club and walked over to chat. I smiled "alright chat no backing out now!" He smiled back. "Why would I?" We smiled at each other. "Why so much torture just date already!" Ayla said. I laughed "and make it easy for chat no way." He looked at Ayla "it will be so easy, I think I know my lady." He said confidently. "Oh yeah? What's my favourite ice cream flavour?" I asked smiling. "Strawberry vanilla twist" he said. "Sorry chat, it's vanilla mint." He frowned "I guess there's more to know." I giggled. "Alright chat, wanna grab a soda?" I asked. "Sure thing malady." He smiled. "Dear dancers, this club is know mine! Tikki couldn't find the money." Hawkmoth barged in. "Ladybug, Chat noir. Looks like your out of luck." He smiled. "Leave them alone Hawkmoth!" Tikki walked up to them. "Where's my payment?" He asked. "I....I don't have it." Tikki frowned. "Miss V, show these people the door." He said. Volpina walked forward. "With pleasure!" She smiled "what, Volpina? We trusted you!" Chat said. "It was just an illusion kitty, akumas help me show them out." Volpina smiled again. "No, what about a deal?" I asked. Hawkmoth looked at me. "A us Against you and Volpina." I said. "Agreed, I'll give you a chance.  Under the Eiffel Tower, two weeks." Is all he said. Him and Volpina left without another word. The music started again. We were up for a big challenge and now Chat had two to worry about.