Chapter 11 Should We Tell?

Scott's POV

Mitch and I sat at breakfast with the biggest smiles on our faces, even bigger than Kirstie's and her's was pretty big.
"What are you guys smiling about? I know you weren't this happy when you woke up" Esther asked Mitch and I
"It's nothing" we said in unison
"Ok... I guess I'll have to leave it up to my imagination"
Mitch grabbed my hand under the table, which couldn't make me more happy. By the look on his face I could tell he was doing the same as me, replaying our kiss in our heads. The kiss was magical. If we don't deliver a perfect performance on our parts at least.

We headed over to the amphitheater to watch the five bands of the morning. The third band went up to preform and Mitch squeezed my hand.
"That's Travis's band" he whispered in my ear.
"Which one is he?"
"The one playing piano"
"Okay"
Travis's band was okay. The kid on the guitar messed up visibly like 5 times and that made Travis mad. I could tell that a band like that wasn't going to be in the competition very long which can be a scary thing for us, especially Mitch, as he has told me about Travis and his past with him.

Avi's POV

Lunch rolled around and we sat and talked and practiced a little and before we knew it we were up on the stage performing Payphone for the first time.

There is always something magical about a first. The first day when we met something clicked, the first day of music we all fell perfectly together, the first song, Payphone, sounds perfect, and the first performance, a magical performance, almost too good to be a just a camp band.
"You guys truly brought something new to Battle of the bands. We have never had an A Cappella band, and that alone was a huge risk, but it was a great one, the performance blew me away. When I think A Cappella I think school choir, like 100 people. You guys have such a full sound with 1 2 3 4 5. Amazing seriously amazing." One of the judges said to us.
We were all so pumped after doing the performance the rest of the performances seemed to fly by. Before we knew it all the bands were standing on the stage of the amphitheater.
"We know that every band standing in front of us tried really hard to come up with something great. Unfortunately, there will be one band that will not go on to the next round. Before we do that there are five bands that have a secured place in the next competition. Pentatonix, you brought something new to battle of the bands..." I stopped hearing his words and was so absorbed in the fact that we were safe this round at least. Tomorrow is Sunday and we will go on some kind of camp trip, but Monday we will start working on a new song for this week.

Kirstie's   POV

Did that just happen? Are we seriously the first band safe? I walk back to my seat with the rest of the band and get pulled by the arm by Jeremy.
"You guys are REALLY good." He said
"Thanks" I say
"I mean really good, like you guys should do this professionally"
"Thanks, look I would love to stay and chat but I have a band to get back to"
"Aww, just stay a little longer"
"There are no seats"
"Then sit on my lap"
"I'm sorry, what?"
"Sit on my lap"
"Um, okay"
"You comfortable?"
"Yeah"
"Who do you think won't make it?"
"Bunk 7's band"
"Which one is that?"
"Ellie and Bunk 7"
"Yeah. They weren't very good. Messed up a bunch of times, I stopped counting after 6 or 7."
"You counted?"
"I was bored, until you guys went"
"Thanks? I should really get back to the band"
"Aww you don't want to hang out a little more?"
"I do, tonight, I promise"
"I'll be waiting"
"See you then"
"Yeah see you"
I walked over to the band and Scott looked at me.
"Nice for you to join us" he said
"What? I can't talk to my boyfriend when he congratulates me"
"No..."
"I tried to not sit on his lap, I tried to get out of it. He's stubborn"
"Alright, alright, just sit"
We watched until the end before heading back to the bunk

Kevin's POV

Back at the bunk we took showers and got ready for dinner. We were unbelievably happy. Nothing could get us upset.
"We should pick a song for next week so when we go into music on Monday we will have some idea of what we are doing" Kirstie announced
"I like Wide Awake by Katy Perry" Mitch piped up
"Me too" she responded
"I really like As Long As You Love Me by Justin Bieber" Avi suggested
"Me too" I added
As soon as I said that Scott walked out of the bathroom
"Scott we have a little dispute, half of us want to do Wide Awake and half want to do As Long Ad You Love Me" Kirstie told Scott filling him in. "Which one do you want to do?"
"I like both, I'll be happy with either one" he replied.
"But we need one" she argued
"Then we will have to ask Ben on Monday" he replied.
With that Kirstie started to blow dry her hair and we would have to wait until Monday to know what song we are going to do.

Mitch's POV

Scott and I were walking to the dinning hall together as usual when I got a text from a person who I haven't used his number in years.

Travis: Hey Grassi, watch your back, if my band doesn't win you will pay

Scott must've noticed something about me chance.
"Hey what's wrong?" He questioned
I showed him the text
"I'm scared. His band isn't very good"
"I'll protect you"
"Never leave my side" I said then kissed him before walking into the dinning hall. I was extremely quiet at dinner, but every time it was noticeable that something was wrong Scott would squeeze my hand under the table and I would engage more, but deep inside I was hurting.
Everyone went to canteen to celebrate, but I decided to hang back. I told everyone I was tired, and even though Scott tried everything to get me to come, nothing worked. He offered to stay with me but I refused. I was to scared.
Once everyone was gone I pulled my journal out from under my bed and started to write.
Today has been a really rough day. We had battle of the bands and are still in it but Travis threatened me. He said that is his band didn't win I would pay for it. I only told Scott about it.
I felt much better to have my feelings written out on paper.

A/N: thank you so much for reading this chapter I hope you enjoyed it