Chapter 16 Battle of the Bands

Kirstie's POV

Today's the day. Battle of the bands. I'm feeling better, like I don't think I'm sick anymore. I don't feel sick at least. We are going first today.  We all agreed that going first can be a good thing. We will do amazing and I will make the teams pretty nervous, but they could do better.
We went to the amphitheater and started warming up. We went through it once on the stage and made adjustments to we could look better.
Before we knew it we backstage getting ready to perform. We walked on stage and just let the song take us. We nailed every move, every word, this performance was, perfect.

We all stood together at the edge of the stage ready to hear what the judges had to say.
"Wow. That was unbelievable. Truly amazing. I can't think of anything bad to say." The first judge said
"Wait, there are only 5 of you? The 5 of you filled this room with music equal to or better than a choir. Wonderful job" the second judge said.
"You guys are truly one of my favorites in the competition, I don't share that often, but you guys are just too good" the third judge said.
We walked off the stage and found seats. I felt someone pull on my arm, Jeremy.
"Hey babe, great job" he said
"Thanks" I said before kissing him.
"I thought you wet sick."
"Not anymore"
"That's awesome"
"I've got to get back to the band"
"Awe"
"But I'll see you later"

Mitch's POV

Kirstie walked over to us and sat next to me in the one empty seat left.
"Took you long enough" I joked
"My boyfriend needed me"
I rolled my eyes "you missed a performance"
"Whatever, let's watch this one"
It was Travis's band. They didn't do to well. Everyone, including Travis, messed up and he seemed pissed to hear it. If they get out this week I'm screwed. He said I'll pay. I don't know what he means by that, but it can't be good.
"Travis band sucked" Scott whispered
"Yeah" I whispered back
"Don't worry about him, I'm here, I'll protect you"
"Thanks"
We went to lunch and I just picked at my salad. When anyone asked if everything was okay. I said it was and that I wasn't hungry, but I was lying, to them and myself. There was something wrong. Travis was what was wrong. The fact that his band sucked. The fact that he might hurt me. The fact that I don't know what he will do. Nothing makes sense though. I thought he broke up with me. It all seemed so, strange.

Kevin's  POV

Mitch barely touched his food at lunch. He said he wasn't hungry, he said he was fine, but I can't believe that. He seemed so nervous as soon as the third band went. It's probably nothing.
We all walked back to the amphitheater and took out seats, ready for the last group of bands for the day. They were all pretty good.
We were all walking to the stage to find out how we did.
"Okay. So this week everyone did amazing. The first band safe, took a risk with a mashup and it blew the judges away. Pentatonix, go back to your seats and have a good night"
We cheered. I saw a hint of nervousness on Mitch's face, but I told myself it was nothing. We were sitting together and watched the rest of the bands. One of them we have started to become close with, and when we heard they were safe, we were excited for them.

Scott's POV

Soon there were two bands left, Travis's and another. Travis's band was out. Shocker, they did pretty bad.
"Mitch, don't worry, everything will be okay" I tried consoling the scared boy.
"No" he said, his voice shaking, "it won't"
He got up and ran. I tried to chase after him, but he was too fast. I couldn't find him. I was out of luck. He was gone. I walked back to the band destroyed.
"Any luck?" Kirstie asked
"No, I can't find him, I don't know where he is. I lost him, he's my boyfriend and I lost him" I started crying.
"It's okay. Scott, don't worry, we'll find him"
"How do you know? How do you know he's not off campus? How do you know he's not-"
"Hey, Scott, calm down, he's probably at the bunk, if anything, do you know why he ran?"
"He was threatened"
"By who"
"Travis"
"What did he say?"
"I don't remember. Something about if he doesn't win he'll-"
"I doubt he means it, he never sticks to anything he says"
"You sure?"
"Hey, I've gone to school with him for the past 6 years, trust me, I know."