Chapter 13 Back At It Again

Scott's POV

Reveille blew signaling a new day. I didn't get up. Esther turned on the lights. I didn't budge. She pulled the covers off of me and I got up.
"Morning sleepyhead" Mitch greeted me
"Morning sleeping beauty" I answered kissing his forehead.
I started my morning routine. I picked my outfit for the day carefully and got dressed. Then I pulled out my mirror to asses the situation of my hair. I didn't like it so I grabbed a SnapBack and went on with my day. I waited for Mitch.
"Scotty, I can't reach my shirt" the small boy said standing on his bed
"I'll get it for you" I replied grabbing the shirt he wanted to wear.
After he got ready we headed out to breakfast.
"I'm really scared" Mitch said as we walked
"About what?" I questioned
"Travis. What if he hurts me. What if I won't be able to sing. What if-"
I cut him off with a kiss.
"You will be fine. I promise. I'm not going to leave your side"
He looked up at me with wide eyes and smiled
"Thanks Scott. It really means a lot to me"
"I know" I said wrapping my arms around him "I never want to leave your side."

Avi's POV

We went to music and proposed our idea of a mashup to Ben and he love it. We warmed up and then started to piece the arrangement together. We wanted a balance of both songs. Not too much of one or the other. We came up with some good ideas and tried some fun stuff. We had an idea of the structure and were going to start arranging but reveille blew signaling the end of our beloved music. We walked to lunch talking and laughing and having a great time. Although something about Mitch didn't seem right. I figured it was probably nothing like lack of sleep, plus I don't know him very well so I'm not sure if he is just normally like that. Yesterday at the beach he seemed so happy with Scott, now he just seems more serious. He could just be in a mood. I mean we all get like that sometimes. Maybe he's just hungry. Like I said not my place to judge. He is so cute with Mitch and it makes me so happy to see them together. I arrived at lunch to learn that lunch was grilled cheese.

Kevin's POV

"Grilled cheese again!? Can we get something else for a change?" I said to Avi when we found out what lunch was.
"I like grilled cheese" he replied
"Me too, but not this much"
"You can get a salad of you want"
"I think I'll stick to grilled cheese"
"Wow"
"What?"
"That's exactly what you said last time there was grilled cheese"
"So"
"You can get soup"
"What kind?"
"It's chicken orzo"
"I like chicken orzo soup"
"Then have that"
"I will"
I got the soup and it was really good.
"Avi this is really good soup"
"It looks good"
"How's the grilled cheese?"
"Same as last time"
"So good?"
"Sure it's good. It's keeping me alive"
"What do you mean?"
"We need food to stay alive"
"I know that"
"This grilled cheese is helping me stay alive"
"Okay. I get it."
We ate the rest of our lunch in silence. Mitch seemed to get a text and he looked upset. He whispered something to Scott and I couldn't make out what he said.
"I promise you'll be fine, I'll protect you" I heard Scott say to him. I didn't want to seem like I was butting into their business so I just stayed out of it. It was probably just a family matter.

Mitch's POV

I got a text from Travis again during lunch

Travis: watch your back, Mitch, if my band gets out you will pay

I told Scott and he told me that he would protect me, but what if something happens to him?

Kirstie's POV

I walked to theater and met Jeremy. He kissed me and then we walked in.
"Nice to see our Jasmine and Aladdin have finally arrived" Violet greeted us "today we are going to run through the show. We are performing it during canteen time after this week's battle of the bands. Any questions or concerns?"
"Um, I'm in battle of the bands. Will we meet to rehearse at night because I need that time to practice with the band" I spoke up
"Don't worry Kirstie, that won't be a problem. Let's run through it."

The run through was great. No one messed up. The choreography made it look like we could be performing this on Broadway. I was very confident. The show was going to be amazing and nothing would stop that.

Mitch's POV

During shower time I sat on my bed trying to not look so scared/nervous, but that is just so hard. I guess Scott noticed because he came up behind me, sat on my bed and hugged me.
"Everything will be alright. I promise I will protect you. I just need you to promise me you won't leave my side." He whispered
"I don't know, I mean, phone calls and stuff like that. I don't want to just stand there, I mean it's kinda awkward y'know"
"I get it. We'll deal with that when the time comes, but I don't think anything will happen."
"I just don't want Travis to hurt you trying to get to me. If he does I would never be able to forgive myself."
"Mitch, that won't happen. It's your turn to shower"
"Oh, thanks"
I got in the shower and let the warm water run down my back. I couldn't stop thinking about Travis. He's going to hurt me. One way or another I know it will happen eventually. Wether he hurts Scott in the process or not.