Chapter 31 How She Really Feels

Kirstie's POV

The feeling that I might not be enough for the band was really bugging me. I want to feel like I've been giving it 110%, but I just don't. 

I sat alone on the bus to our trip of the weekend, which was great because thinking about the effort I am putting into out band was making me cry. I didn't realize how much I was actually crying until I felt someone join me in my seat. Whoever sat with me started rubbing my back.

"Hey, Kirst, can you tell me what's wrong" He asked

I shook my head, if I turned around he would see me sobbing and I don't want anyone to see me like this.

"Please?"

"No" I said softly

"Just turn around"

I shook my head again, I really didn't want him to see me like this.

"Come on Kirst, it's only me. You were the only one who I really let see me the exact same way, you were a great shoulder to cry on. Whatever you are going through, please don't go through it alone"

I turned around and sobbed into Avi's chest instead. I had makeup running down my face an you could see where I had cried into because of the marks I made on his shirt but he still consoled me.

"Kirstie, will you please tell me what's going on?"

"Yeah, I-I just don't feel like I'm putting all my effort into the band, I've been splitting it between the band and lead roles in the plays in theater. I guess I just feel like I should be putting more effort into the band and I'm not able to."

"What do you mean?"

"When you guys are working on figuring out parts in your free time, I'm memorizing and practicing lines somewhere else or at a costume fitting instead of helping coordinate our outfits for the performance" I started crying again. He wrapped his arms around me. I couldn't help but enjoy his embrace. He cared so much for me, he could be hanging out with Kevin or his other friends on the bus or today when we get to wherever we are going but he is going to stay with me until I don't feel so bad anymore. How will I ever repay him?

Avi and I had such a fun day hanging out. We spent the day at the aquarium as a band, but he made sure to stay close to me the entire time. Not once did he leave my side. I was definitely feeling better about the band the way they all seemed to appreciate me. 

Mitch's POV

Reveille blew waking us up to start our Monday. I quickly got dressed with Scott's help as usual, and we headed to breakfast. Before we knew it we were in music trying to decide this week's song for battle of the bands. We decided on Problem by Ariana Grande and I was doing Iggy's rap, which I was so excited for.

"Hey Mitchy, did you have fun today?" Scott asked as we walked to lunch"

"I so did! It's so much fun to do the rap, you also sound amazing babe"

"Thanks, but I think you sound better"

I rolled my eyes "Stop doing that"

"Doing what? Being right?"

"No, saying stuff like that when you know I wouldn't be able to top it"

"Aww you're cute when you're annoyed with me"

He gave me a sly smile

"What is that face for" He started to tickle me "Stop it!! Scott!! Stop!!" 

I tried to escape his grip but it was useless. I kept on fidgeting until he finally let go.

"Finally, that felt like forever"

"We both know you secretly enjoyed that"

"Did not!"

"Stop lying to yourself. You can tell me if you enjoyed it, I won't tell anyone. Did you?"

"I already said I didn't, what makes you think I did?"

"You're smiling, and your face is red"

"My face is red from laughing so hard you idiot"

"You were laughing because I was tickling you, and you enjoyed it"

"This is pointless, and we're here"

"Okay, let's go in"

Scott held the door for me and we walked into the dining hall and found the rest of our bunk at our usual table.

"Finally, took you guys long enough" Kirstie sassed

"We would've been here sooner if someone didn't tickle me halfway through the walk" I replied

"We both know you enjoyed it" Scott said

"I am not starting with this argument again. What is for lunch today?"

"Tacos" Kevin said

"I'm going to grab a salad" I said reaching for my crutches

"Let me" Scott said "What do you want on it?"

"Same as always"

"Okay, I'll be right back"

After 5 minutes Scott came back with my salad.

"Thanks babe" I said giving him a quick peck on the lips before he sat down.

The rest of the day was amazing. Scott and I were inseparable like always, except today somehow was different and it was great.