Chapter 34 Esther's Day Off

Mitch's POV

"Good morning everyone!" Kirstie yelled "who's read for a little competition"

Today was the one day a summer Esther had off. Most counselors have one day off a week, but since Esther is the only counselor in our bunk she has one day off this summer. Normally she wouldn't have a day off in her situation, but since she's been working so hard it was deserved.

Kirstie ran around the bunk waking the rest of us up before getting ready herself.

We all got dressed then headed to breakfast and quickly ate so we could come back the get ready for Battle of the Bands.

"Scott?" I asked reaching for one of my shirts which I had been saving for today

"Do you need me to help you?" He asked as he watched me struggle.

"Yeah. I'd love that very much"

"Here you go" he pulled down the shirt without ruining the folded pile of clothes.

"Thank you"

We both got dressed, and as usual, we were the last to finish.

"Hurry up you guys!!" Kirstie yelled "we're on first"

Scott and I made our way out of the bunk following slowly behind Kirstie.

"Can't you guys go any faster?" She asked annoyed about our pace

"I can," Scott started "but my little Mitchie here can't do so much" she rolled her eyes "unless I carry him. Mitchie, would you like me to carry you?"

"I always do" Scott picked me up bridal style carefully holding me and he basically ran to the amphitheater to find the rest of the band waiting for us for sound check.

"What took you guys so long?" Avi asked "and Scott, why are you carrying Mitch"

"Well, we didn't want to be late and it's hard for Mitch to go very fast on crutches so I carried him" Scott said with me still in his arms.

"You can put him down now" Kirstie said

"Aww" Scott and I said in unison

"Or don't"

"How are you guys going to do sound check like that?" Kevin asked

"We'll make it work"

"Okay. You do you, I guess"

"You know you'll have to put him down for the performance"

"Aww" Scott and I whined again

"But you can carry him on and off the stage"

"Yay!" We said in unison

"Pentatonix time for your sound check" someone from the sound crew came over with microphones and handed us ours. "Are you going to be holding him for sound check?" He asked Scott.

"Yes I am"

"Okay. Um, here" he handed Mitch my microphone.

-------

Sound check went great and we were all very eager to perform for another amazing week.

The head of camp went up on the stage and said a few words before introducing us.

"Oh my god! That was amazing. That rap was perfect. You all are super talented and have beautiful voices. Kevin, you are a beast! Your beat boxing while saying 'one less problem without you' was incredible. You are always enjoyable to watch every week. Keep it up" the first judge said.

"I have to agree. I haven't heard anything like that before and I really enjoyed it. Where can I download that?" The crowd burrs out in laughter "no I'm being serious. Is that on iTunes? I absolutely loved that as always. Very enjoyable and entertaining"

"I have no words, absolutely no words to describe how much I enjoyed that. Thank you for being a part of this competition"

We walked off the stage, well, everyone except me walked off the stage. Scott carried me off the stage and to our exclusive seats where I sat on his lap to watch the rest of the performances.

Kirstie's POV

As I was walking to my seat Jeremy pulled me onto his lap.

"Hey babe" he greeted me

"Hi" I said giving him a quick kiss before getting up

"Why are you leaving? You just got here"

"It's Esther's day off so I'm technically counselor"

"That means you can't sit with me today"

"I have to sit with my bunk. Sorry"

"Okay. Go have fun. I'll see you at canteen?"

"Definitely"

Scott's POV

We went back to the stage to find out who was eliminated for this week.

"Today's winners started off the show strong and have been very intimidating this whole race. And this week, like most others are our winners of the week and safe. They will also be recording a version of this week's cover and putting it up on iTunes. The winners this week are, as usual, Pentatonix!"