One

*NAYA*

The colour black is a colour I think looks good on me, and i have a lot of black clothing items, so picking out an outfit for today wasn't so hard.

Right. now I'm standing in front of both of my parents graves with tears slipping from the corners of my eyes. They had passed away pretty recently and i didn't take it easily. I stopped doing things that I love, including hockey just for them.

Hockey was my everything, and now I'm known as the girl that couldn't take it in the NHL, and I guess I am. I haven't been practicing and my gear hasn't even seen light since the start of the 2015-16 NHL season. It's just that I don't know what I'll do without the support of my family.

"I love you mom. I love you dad." I say as I drop a flower into both of their caskets. I then go back to my seat and just sob and cry everything out as my other family members give their flowers also.

*AFTER THE FUNERAL*

"FUCK!" I yell slamming my house door close and sliding my back down it leaning my head back. The funeral got me all types of fucked up. I need something to get my mind off of this, off of everything, Hockey.

I quickly get up from my sitting position and head up stairs into my room. I then change into a pair of black and gray Nike joggers with shorts under, a black under armour sports bra and a black cropped tank top.

 I then change into a pair of black and gray Nike joggers with shorts under, a black under armour sports bra and a black cropped tank top

I then slip on my fitbit and put my hair into a low ponytail. I then grab my Nike running shoes from my closet and head down stairs. I then drop my shoes by the door and head downstairs to look for my hockey bag and sticks.

I then find my gear hidden behind a few boxes and bring it upstairs with me. I then fill up a Gatorade bottle with water and then grab a yellow Gatorade also and shove them into my bag. I then go to the front door slip on my shoes, grab my keys and bags and head out the door and into my car and make my way to the Air Canada Centre.

*AT ACC*

I get out of my car and grab my bag and sticks and make my way to the arena.

"ID please." A security man says. I then pull out my wallet and show him my drivers licence.

"Oh your Naya King, sorry for not noticing it was you! Go right in!" The man says unlocking the door and lets me through.

"Thanks man." I say walking into the arena and into the away team's locker room. 

Once i got into the locker room i then change into my skates and padding and slip on my helmet and gloves. I then grab my water, Gatorade and stick and head out to the bench to see that i have the ice all to myself. I then place my drinks onto the bench and skate out onto the ice.

I do a few suicides and stretches before the real fun. Once i was done i then get a bucket of pucks and dump them out. I then grab a bucket labeled 'Practice' and opened it up to see a few things that i'm able to use to pass the puck to it and it would come back and a few things to help me stick handle. I then set up everything and start to practice.

Once I finished my short practice i go the the bench, grab my water and lean against the wall.

"Nice." I hear a voice say from the behind me. I then turn around to see Mike Babcock.

"Oh, thank you sir." I say putting down the bottle.

"You're Naya King right?" He asks.

"Yup, in the flesh." I say awkwardly laughing.

"You're also a free agent right?"

"Yeah." I say once my breathing goes steady.

"I have someone you should meet. Leave everything out, i'll have someone to clean that up. Just change and meet me at my office." He says leaving off the bench and to his office.

"Alright." I say as i get off the ice after grabbing everything and go into the locker room. I then change into my regular clothes and put my gear in my bag. Once i was all done i then grab everything and head over to Mike's office. I then leave my things outside his door and knock on his door.

"Come in." He says as i open the door and walk in too see Mike and Lou Lamoriello at his desk.

"You wanted me sir." I say.

"Call me Mike, and this is Lou." Mike says.

"Nice to meet you guys." I say shaking their hands.

"Nice to meet you also Miss.King. Now from what we have saw from your short time in the NHL, you are an amazing player" Lou tells me.

"Thank you Lou." I say.

"And we have a little offer for you. How would you like to sign a one year contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs?" Mike says sliding a paper and a pen over to me.

"Oh wow, sure!" I say reading through the papers.

"Perfect now we are going to need you to sing here and here." Lou says as I sign the contract.

"Now we are just going to get a photo of you signing for our social medias." Lou says as Steve Keogh, the director of media, takes a photo of me signing. Once i finished signing i then hand the papers back to them.

"Welcome to the team King." Mike says.

"Thank you."I say happily knowing this is what my parents want me to do.

//////

A/N: The sequel is out! I really hope you enjoy this book as much as a lot of you guys liked the first one! Once again, thank you for reading and have an amazing day!

       ~Kk_lmao_1995