Chapter 26

Areum Pov

I don't think I can live with this secret anymore. It has been 5 months when I found out and 5 months that I have been letting other people's lives out of mine. 

I found out I had a brain tumor since I was possibly born, but it hasn't grown until now. Each day I feel weaker and weaker, but Jungkook and Jimin have always helped me all along even though Jungkook barely began to befriend me and I have grown a mild crush towards him.

Who are you kidding ? 

Okay, so I love him, nothing much.

Jungkook doesn't know and he will NEVER know, even now that I love him, I'll just hurt him more, and I can't do this to him, nor anyone else.

My mind was lost in thought until someone came up to me on this fine day of school.

"Areum! Hey, wait up!" I heard a distant scream, but know exactly who it is.

I stopped and turned around to find the one and only Kookie. 

"Hey Kookie!" I said happily and we walked together until we reached the gates. 

"Do you think you can meet me after school? It's important, please !?" He begged before I can answer.

I giggled and agreed.

"Of course!" I said and gave him a smile.

He ruffled my hair and ran away before I could chase him.

Aish, this kid.

Hours Later

School over! Finally!

"Chim Oppa, I'll be home in a little, I'm going to go with Kookie!" I said when I reached him walking toward the school gates. 

"Okay, don't be out too long you lovebirds." He said as he ruffled my hair.

I eyed him an gave him a glare for my hair and for saying 'lovebirds'.

Entering the Boba Tea shop, I ordered and sat down while dropping my backpack on a seat and waited for my Boba. I stood up, but as quick as lightning Jungkook appeared and I bumped into him. I saw him laugh.

"I'm comfortable right?" He asked teasingly while still giving me a glorifying grin.

I giggled. 

"No, you weirdo. Now step aside I want my Boba Tea son." I laughed and he kept on blocking my way until I just stood there glaring at him.

He just smiled.

"Aigoo, Let me pass please!" I said pouting hoping he let me free like a bird.

"Fine, you're just so cute when you're angry." He said pinching my cheeks and he sat down where I was sitting.

I sat across from him and I started up this conversation.

"So what did you want to bring me here for?" I asked while sipping the tea.

"Just talk with you~." He gave me a toothy grin.

"Want to walk?" He asked suddenly.

"Sure." I said while grabbing my backpack, but his reflexes were so quick and he snatched it before I blinked.

Why is he being so nice all of a sudden?

"You don't have to hold my backpack you know." I said while walking by him.

"I know." He said giving me the most heart warming smile, which gave me the reason to just melt right then and there.

We reached our destination.

The park was so beautiful and breathtaking. Across the park, is the pond that is so calm. The wind is very soothing and no one was there except for us two. Rose petals were on the floor, while nature was just too beautiful to take all in one breath.

"You like it?" Kookie asked looking into my eyes as if piercing my soul.

"I love it.." I said while still looking at the park in awe.

"Let's sit down." He said while taking hold of my hand, leading the way.

"Is Jeon Areum blushing?" Jungkook said looking at me and my light pink cheeks.

"D-Did you just call me Jeon Areum?!" I said angrily but blushing even more.

"Yes, I did because that is your name." He said simply.

I just realized something.

"Did you plan all of this?" I said in awe.

He smiled. "Yes, I did." He said showing me some papers saying he rented the park?!

"Are you out of your mind renting the park?" I said my eyes widened.

"Only for you." 

I blushed and hugged him, hoping he wouldn't see that.

"Thank you." I said sincerely.

Although I may not see him, maybe ever because of my tumor, these things made me wonder if I deserved him.

Before I knew it I was tearing up.

"Aw, Jagiya, don't cry." He said wiping my tears.

"I'm not you're Jagiya.." I mumbled/giggled.

"Which reminds me..." He said quietly, but enough for me to hear.

My eyes widened.

"Follow me." He said smiling while reaching his hand out for me to lend. 

We reached the pond and it was so nice. 

The glistening sky, stars reflecting on the water, the calmness, perfectness. 

"I know we knew each other for a while now Areum. Every single minute of every single day, I think about you. There isn't one day I can't stop thinking about you. From your laugh, to your smile, you are so kind and beautiful. Every day, I see you in class just thinking and working. You are so gorgeous just being yourself and that's what I love the most. You are you and there is no other way I would want to possibly change anything about you. Park Areum, I. Love. You." He said sincerely while holding onto both of my hands.

I broke down. Then and there.

I love you to Jeon  Jungkook. But I have to keep my distance to not hurt you. Will I answer that I love him, or push him away ?