Chapter 32

Areum POV

Do you know how hard it is for my brain not to wonder what Jungkook is doing?

A week after our argument and I slowly progress to where the doctor was smiling widely.

"The tumor is almost at the point where it can be controlled and we can finally do surgery." He said happily.

"Thank you doctor." I replied

The gang have been coming frequently and they make me happy with their presence although Kook never comes with them.

I sound like a hypocrite right now because I was the one who pushed him away, but it was for the best.

My thoughts were interrupted when someone spoke.

"Hey you swagful girl." Suga said flipping his nonexistent long hair.

"What's up suga?" Looking at him brightened my mood because he's usually catching on his sleep or playing basketball but he took time to see me.

He looked good with his new jersey and it made me wonder if he had a game.

"I just came back from our game and guess who won?" He said cooly while smirking playfully.

"The other team, of course." I said sarcastically which got a chuckle from him.

"Oh you little...! We won and I made all of them." He boasted giving me that adorable gummy smile.

"Oh please. I can beat you anytime, anywhere." I smirked at him and he lifted his eyebrows.

"You wanna wager on that?" He said, trying not to laugh when I cleaned off my smirk.

"Yep." I said not confident one bit.

"There are basketball courts right outside. I'll take you after I ask the doctor and we'll play. Let's see who's better." He said laughing and walking out.

Time to beat the swag itself.

I got my jacket that gives me warmth and I set out when the doctor approved.

"Be careful! Suga please take care of her." The doctor said and Suga nodded.

We walked out and he was making a conversation.

"I lied when I said I made all of them." He said looking down at me.

"Really? How could you lie to me like that?" I said feigning a hurt attitude.

"Jungkook made one." He grumbled.

At the mention of his name, now I am hurt.

"I mean he's not even that good but he actually made one. At least he's improving." He said nonchalantly.

I smiled weakly. "Yes that's true."

"Are we there yet?" I said hanging on to him and he chuckled.

"Almost." He said nudging me and I laugh.

It's times like these that I miss being with the guys. My peaceful place is here, right next to them.

When we arrived, I took a deep breath and inhaled the sweetness of the basketball court.

It was right across the hospital, but it looked so nice. The evening sun made the wind fresh and I knew I should have never left.

I played basketball when I was in middle school and a good one to be exact. I remember how fun it was.