Chapter 32

Zachary at the side -->

last pov of my baby Zachy :(

*****

[ Zach ]

This day feels so gloomy. I'm not sure why but since this morning, once my eyelids open up, this uneasy feeling from the pit of my stomach is already there. No, actually, it started last night. I feel so bothered and nervous. I don't know why.

Is it because of Harry's rejection to me last night? I mean I stayed at his flat after we brought Sam to Zayn. When Gemma leaves, we ate the foods I cooked. I noticed him being quiet the whole time but I didn't ask. I know him. When something is bothering him, he would tell me right away. That's why I never once push Harry for an answer.

When we went to bed together, I made the first move by kissing him deeply and all my worries disappeared when he respond almost as hungry as me. But when I start grinding on top of him, he grabbed my waist, making me stop. His words were "I'm tired Zachy. Not now." I had to admit I was hurt because I feel rejected but I put in mind that he just got back from a flight so he's obviously knackered, that I should let him rest. And that's why I did. I was trying to cuddle instead but he turn his back on me and dozed off without saying anything. I told myself, he is tired.

At midnight, I was awaken when I felt movement on the bed. I peaked from my half open eyelids and I saw Harry is up. His back is resting on the headboard while his eyes were focus on his phone. He's texting someone but I have no idea of who is it. I brushed off the idea of him texting Zayn and forced myself to sleep again. Luckily, I did. When we woke up this morning, Harry seems to be back on his usual self. Sweet, cheeky.

A vibration on my pants' pocket snapped me out of my deep thoughts. I was quick to pull it out and look at the screen. Speaking of the devil. It's a message from Harry.

A smile quickly crept on my lips upon seeing his name. This is what I usually feel whenever he just text me or call or whenever we are together, I feel giddy, happy.

I tap the screen to open up the message.

( hey Zachy, meet me up at the usual tonight? Around 7. I just need to talk to you about something. It's really important. -H xx )

After reading the text, my heart is beating so fast that it's starting to hurt my chest, literally.

Why do I feel scared all of a sudden?

***

My heart won't calm down no matter how hard I try to stay calm. My palms were sweaty and there's a twisting feeling in my stomach. The tension that I'm feeling makes me want to throw up and just pass out here in the taxi. I'm now on my way to the restaurant Harry and I usually go whenever we are on a date.

I swear I'm over reactin. I should breath properly.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Okay that would do for now.

I arrived at the place after some minutes and I slowly made my way inside. I blew a deep breath before scanning the room. Only few people were here so I quickly spotted a familiar curly mop of hair sitting at a table on the corner, far from the rest. I put a smile on my face as I headed towards him.

"Hey Curly." I greeted. His head snapped up, meeting my eyes.

"Z-Zachy." he murmur. A pained-look is clearly written on his face.

I slump down on the chair across him, then reach for his hand, giving it a soft squeeze. "Are you okay Harry?"

"Yes." his voice came out as a whisper. Something on the way he looks at me makes me scared. This is so not good.

This is the day I'm afraid to come. The moment I'm dreading to happen.

I let go of his hand and just pick up the menu on the table. "Shall we order now?" I asked, trying to distract myself. Harry didn't answer. He's just staring at me so I ignore him and try to ease the suffocating feeling in the air. "I think I want some meatballs and garlic bread. I'm kinda starving. Need some energy for the gig later."

Silence.

"I hope the bar is pack later."

Silence.

I continue to scan the menu although I'm not actually reading it. My mind is wandering somewhere.

"Zachy.." Harry finally called out but I pretend that I didn't heard him at all. My hands are shaking and my legs were starting to shake. Good thing I'm already sitting. "What do you like Curly? Pasta?"

"Zach we need to talk."

"You want steak or roast chicken?"

"Zach listen to me." His voice almost pleading.

"Shall we have wine?"

"Please Zachy.."

"I-I'll settle with meat--"

Before I could even finish some more, Harry's hand cut me off. He snatch the menu away from me, putting it in front of him. "I.....I need to.. Please listen?"

I swallow the thick lump forming in my throat. This is it. I can sense my heart breaking into pieces.

I shook my head, avoiding his eyes. I can't bear to look at those green eyes or i'll break down. "W-what is it?" my voice came out shaky. "Changing of plans now?"