Chapter 2: A Crush is a Crush

A/N: K its Rivetra now, 'Hope u guys like it

*~*~*~* *Petra's POV* (time skip)

"Alright class. Today I'll be returning your test papers. In general, I think this class has standard average grades. I'll just be talking to those who got lower grades outside. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes Ms. Nanaba."

"While I'm outside, you may do whatever you please. But stay in your seats and do not make too much noise or I'll start calling names."

I sighed. It was another school day. The sun was out and the air was stale. I knew it was going to be another boring school day. I opened my sketchpad. I breezed through my light sketches. First was my uncompleted sketch of Zatanna, then my first decent drawing of chibi Erza Scarlet, then another uncompleted sketch of L Lawliet. After I flipped that page, I found a blank one. I took a pencil and began drawing the outline of Nico Yazawa.

I'm Petra, by the way. Just a regular girl in school. People here in school know me for sketching because I always use my sketchpad, but I don't mind.

I hear the sound of paper being placed on my desk. I looked to my left to see my test paper. I got an A, but there was no change in my expression.

"Hey Pet?" a deep feminine voice called beside me.

I turned around with my eyebrows raised. They shrunk back its normal position when I saw Mikasa leaning over to see my test paper.

"Yeah?"

"Congrats, you got a pretty high grade, as usual." a tiny smile formed from her lips.

I leaned towards her desk to see her paper, "Hey you got an A+" I snicker "And you're the Vice President of the class who excels at everything."

"Hey, you're secretary. And your a top student too."

"Oh please." I roll my eyes, "That's because I'm an adult. I'm just making up for the fact that I wasn't able to study when I was a teenager because I was in the FBI."

"I still can't believe you were a member of the FBI. Along with Hange, Erwin and Levi-"

My cheeks turned into a bright red when that certain name was mentioned. Mikasa seemed to have hesitated, and her raven eyes slowly turned to me.

"You okay?"

"Hm? Oh sorry! Yeah, I'm fine!" I faked a laugh in a sort of worried tone while I held the bridge of my nose.

"Is it because I mentioned Levi-"

"Yes! That's it! I'm completely losing my mind over this topic!" I began to rub my forehead as I faked another laugh.

"My apologies, I don't like speaking about this topic either." Her voice seemed more hesitant when she spoke.

"Is it because of Eren? I'm so sorry by the way..." I once again leaned to her desk and held a trip to her hand with both of mine.

"Thanks, sorry about your crush, too..."

I fell even more hesitant to that. Its only today that Mikasa, my best friend, mentions my crush to me. Is it because its the first day? Or this was the only time she mentions about my job in the past?