Chapter 12: For You

*Petra's POV*

I place my hand behind my ear, I heard nothing from where we were hiding. What was the point of doing this? if all I could say to the rest is that they're planning something, which Erwin probably figured out by now.

They could be planning just about anything. They could be planning to wreck this town too, maybe they're talking about the whole of Shiganshina. Who knows? I need to get closer somehow.

But there was just one problem.

Levi.

He wouldn't let go of me. He had a strong grip on my wrist ever since we left the house. He was protective of me the whole time.

Maybe it isn't so bad that he's doing this, but this mission is probably much more important. I need to convince him to investigate in a closer angle.

"Levi-//"

He covered my mouth with his hand before I could reply. "Shh, they might hear you."

I quietly slapped his hand away, "How can they hear us when they're all inside? Which is probably why we can't hear them either. We need to go somewhere where we can hear them, maybe find a way to sneak in the house."

"No." he replied quickly, "Do you have any idea how tight security is here? We're just lucky to get this close, but if you even try breaking in that base, there is no chance you'll make it out alive. I wouldn't do so good if you end up dying on me."

"Wow, I wouldn't expect to hear that from you, Levi."

"You're probably going to be the first and last person to hear that from me, Petra."

I hesitated, my cheeks tinted light pink, but I guess it was still a bit obvious that I was blushing. Sure, my feelings for him are hidden pretty deep and it kinda hurts already. But its nice to hear he cares for me this way, even if its just as a friend.

Since it was embarrassing and the timing was pretty bad, I shook it off, "Anyways, we have to find a way to listen to them somehow." I began using a pair of binoculars to check if there were any maps or plans they had, "Maybe use a device to open the window without them noticing?"

"Yeah, sure..." his voice sounded as if it was toning down a bit.

I put down the binoculars for a big. And turned my head worriedly, "Is everything okay?"

He said nothing.

"Is it because I ignored that...really nice compliment of yours?"

He said nothing again. I'll take that as a yes.

"You know, that compliment was really nice. And its just for me so..." I was once again flustered. I could see Levi chuckling a little bit, that really lightened me up despite the situation.

The moment was once again interrupted by...Sasha?

"LEVI ENEMY UP AHEAD!!"

Levi and I simultaneously turned our heads, to see Connie, Sasha, and a very exhausted Isabel. Isabel panted and looked at the ground, then she looked at me with her eyes widening.

"PETRA!!" she ran to me and pulled me to a tight hug. While still heavily pantomime in exhaustion.

"Isabel! Are you alright? Are you hurt?" I asked worriedly, my friend seemed to have been panicking really badly.

"I don't think there's time to ask that because...Reiner is right behind us."

Once again, I turned around. This time, we all did. And Connie was right. It was Reiner. Sure its from a far distance but he was getting faster and much closer.