Chapter 5: Prom

*Jean's POV*

"Hey, horseface! We're gonna be late for prom! Get out of there!" Eren yells as he slams his fist aggressively at the door.

"Yeah yeah just a sec." I yelled back while fixing my shiny black tuxedo. It was prom night. Damn I was nervous. I never knew this day would come, and apparently it did.

I reached for the left side of the sink to get my hair wax. But before I could twist the lid, the door slams open, revealing the green-eyed idiot.

"DO I HAVE TO DO THIS EVERY TIME!?" Eren screams at the top of his lungs. The brunette holds a tight grip of my wrist and stomps downstairs.

I complained to Eren when he dragged me downstairs, he didn't give me any responses, except hearing him mutter, "Gosh I know you're not a woman but you sound like its your time of the month again."

Eren slams the front door open similar to the way he did earlier and pushed me inside the car. I was about to knee him where the sun doesn't shine, when I heard a voice behind me,

"Jean! You're finally here!"

I smiled before turning around to greet Marco, "Hey, Freckles."

"This is it, guys. Prom night. You excited?"  Bertholdt asks from the front seat of the car while it starts moving.

"Yeah, there's only one problem though. My hair's oily and sh*t. What the hell am I gonna do with this mess?" I groaned as I rubbed my sweaty hair with my hand.

Marco let out a cheeky grin and took out a comb out of nowhere, "Let me take care of this."

*~*~*~*

"WHAT DID YOU DO I LOOK LIKE F*CKING REINER LIKE THIS!?"

Marco could only laugh at what he's done. He's been styling my hair for three minutes, but seemed to be making it more of a funny game than prom material.

"Let me see." Reiner turned his head while driving and laughed at me as well. "Smile, Horsey." he took out his phone and took a photo of my unbearably horrible hairstyle.

"Now it's time to post it." He looked at his regular position and carelessly used his phone with his other hand on the steering wheel, not bothering to face the road.

"Don't text and drive, one of the main rules on the road. And you still break it. Remind me why you're in charge of driving this thing?"

Marco once again let out this cute laugh, "I'm just kidding about the hairstyle, Jean. Let me fix your hair for real now." He took the hair wax container from my hand and applied it. It didn't take so long, because all he did was style my hair in this slicked back sort of way.

"Better?"

"It'll do." I sighed.

*~*~*~*

The party music was turned up loud by the DJ, confetti and glitters were all over the floor. The dancefloor was crowded with people, and a mass of colors flashed all over the room. There was no sign of Mikasa, Petra, and Connie. But as I observed, Sasha was there. And she had a date. But they were about to leave in a few minutes. Marco and I watched the couple, I wondered how Connie is dealing with this news.

"FWAAAAAAAA~~~!!!" Isabel screeched drunkly while being dragged by poor Farlan who's trying to calm her down.

"Jeez, how many drinks did she have this time?" I sneered as I stood by the long table of food next to Marco.

"I don't know, maybe for the eleventeenth time...?" Farlan responded in a worried tone. He continued to slowly drag Isabel away while she still drank another bottle of wine.