Chapter 4: Dateless

A/N: Time skip to prom. So if you want to skip to the JeanMarco part, please wait for it to be published. And if it is, you can skip to it. I just wrote Rivetra for my own intentions so I guess it makes sense nobody really pays much attention to it.

*Petra's POV* (probably will be until...the dark stuff happens)

"YOU'RE NOT COMING!?" Hange screamed at the phone.

I let out a deep sigh, "I told you, I don't have a date and I'm just gonna feel very uncomfortable there. So I just won't go."

"But the prom is the highlight of high-school! You cannot not come!" Hange fake cried dramatically, according to what I could hear from my phone.

"Its going to be the embarrassment of my high-school if I do come so I'm staying here. And even if I wanted to, I don't have time to prepare."

Hange paused for a moment, "Are you sure you're alright back there?"

I laughed, "Of course! I'll be fabulous back here! And besides, I'll be getting some coffee with Mikasa. Even Connie's joining us, if I'm correct."

"Springer couldn't get himself a date, too? Man, I'm sorry about this. Tell the two I'm sorry as well. Must be hard for you three."

"It's alright. Thanks for calling anyways. See you."

"You too..."

There was a long beeping sound on the phone. She hung up, I guess. I put the phone down, actually dropped it after. But I was on the white sheets of my bed so I had no problem, well...no problem about my phone.

I collapsed on my bed and buried my face on my pillow. No tears fell from my eyes, but I screeched most of the time. But then I felt a wet stain on my pillow, so I think at that point i started to cry.

"Petra? What's wrong." A concerned voice asked from my left.

"M-Mika!? Oh, You're here! Please wait for me downstairs! I'll just get dressed!" I cried, still burying my face on the soft pillow.

"Pet...you're yelling at me."

"Just please wait downstairs! I dont want anyone to see me like this!"

I sat on the bed with puffy red cheeks and tears streaming from my eyes. I looked at the ground, I was getting angry at myself for why I was even crying in the first place. I had no reason to, or at least...thats what I told myself.

"Why do you put up with that Levi guy, anyways? He's a total jackass!" Mikasa's voice cracked as she spat out those words, "Sure, girls love him. But if I wasn't a top student, I'm sure he'd beat the crap out of me like the rest of the students! He's a dickhead, he has zero emotions, and he's a damn midget! 'what's to like about him?"

"I guess the only reason you're saying that is because you hate him, isn't it?" I laughed a little after letting out a few tears.

"Maybe...or maybe I'm one of the only one to see his dark side!" she chanted in a weird accent.

I laughed at her sudden silliness. I know she's just trying to cheer me up so we could leave, but its really working. I admit.

"Okay Okay! Let's go already!" I said out of laughter. "I just need to change, and we'll be straight to Starbucks!"

Mikasa scanned her eyes at my outfit. A grey-haired sweatshirt, a pair of black joggers and black and white sneakers.

"You seem to be dressed well. We can go now."

"Hmm...okay."

*~*~*~*

"Did Sasha really get herself a date?" Mikasa partially screamed at Connie when she asked him.