Chapter 23: Date

*Petra's POV*

Yesterday was my first official date with Levi Ackerman. Also, I couldn't be happier now that we were in a relationship. But there was something different about this first date, not in a bad way though.

So Levi has this thing where the first two dates he has are usually double dates. He's comfortable that way. It was all in good timing because Erwin had just arrived. So we had a double date with him and Hange last night.

Tonight was going to be our second double date. This time I didn't know who to take with me. I thought, Armin and Annie since they looked like they were in a relationship. If that doesn't work, then I'll try sorting things out with Sasha and Connie, if they aren't too busy already.

"Hey, so are you okay with Armin and Annie coming with us?" I was currently sitting on his couch, and he was sitting on a chair across that couch. We were inside his room, by the way.

"Yeah. They're okay. I mean if they agree, at least we won't be eating with Sasha and Connie. I don't want to pay for their food."

"Out of plain curiosity..." I began to swag my legs in the air as I said, "Why do you have this double date system? Not that I'm against it or anything, I'm just plain curious."

He seemed a little impressed when I asked, "Well, I have this weird sense of awkwardness. So with other people, I'm a lot more comfortable. No pressure. And that way, I still get to know more about you. After that's done, and we go on an actual date, there's no sense of awkwardness."

"Oh, i understand..." I nodded very slowly, but not without an addition to that response, "Probably a side effect to your insomnia."

"Yeah, that's probably what this is."

*~*~*~*

"Hey, we're leaving in a few minutes. Are you ready yet?" Levi called out from outside of my room as he was knocking on my bedroom door.

"Yeah just a sec!" I yelled back, I was still wearing my shoes. Well, flats to be specific. As I was finished dressing up, I opened the door to see Levi in a tuxedo. Aw well isn't that adorable.

"You look cute." I smiled cheekily. He rolled his eyes in return and said in his usual tone, "You look beautiful."

I couldn't help but blush at the compliment, "Thanks." I was wearing a dandelion summer dress. I got this as a gift from Mina so nobody has seen this yet.

"Come on, Arlert is already waiting downstairs."

We took the elevator going downstairs. We were greeted my Armin, who was wearing a black and yellow checkered flannel on top of a regular gray shirt.

"I want to say you look good. But according to something I read, if you just normally wear your flannel like that, there's going to be a 65% chance you are not straight."

"I know, I just didn't have anything else to wear. I don't normally shop for clothes."

"And yet that is what you spend your money on?"

"I buy a lot of books, I usually don't care what I'm wearing most of the time."

"Oh look there's Annie. Now can we stop having this conversation?" Levi commented sarcastically.

Armin was distracted by Annie. She seemed to be dressed pretty nicely. That must've caught him attention and hopefully caused his to regret his dress code.

"Should we get going, now?" Annie asked.

"Sure."

*~*~*~*

"So you've had a crush on me since...the FBI days?" Levi questioned after taking a sip of his plain black coffee. Which by the way was the only thing he was having for dinner.

"Yeah. I mean I still looked at you as a friend when we were kids, but when we worked in the FBI, that's when I realized you were attractive." I was swirling the pasta around with my fork, Annie and Armin were on the other side of the table, talking about something else.

"How did I not suspect that?"

"That's the same question I've been asking myself for these past few years. Everyone eventually found out until you were the only one who didn't know."

He took another sip of his coffee before responding, "Damn I was oblivious."

I held his hand, which was just lying on top of the table next to his cup of coffee, "Hey it doesn't matter anymore. What matter is for some reason, you like me back."

"Well that's for all the good reasons, honestly."

Once again I blushed. And we were interrupted by Armin, "Thank you guys so much, we really enjoyed."

"No problem, Armin. Are you guys going to be a couple yet?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and smiling smugly.

Armin's cheeks flush bright red, "Isn't that a little too fast, Petra!? We just went on a date!"

I ignored his denial and turned my attention to Annie, "Annie? What do you have to say about this."

It was her turn to blush this time, "Um...I guess I'll have to agree with Armin on this one."

"Okay, fine."

Just when they were back to their normal state, I left a sarcastic comment, "I "believe" you guys. Sure, you're definitely not in love." Which caused them to get red faced all over again.

"I've already paid the bill, you all ready to leave?" Levi said as he stood from his chair.

I looked at his dark colored eyes and smiled, "Well isn't that so generous of you, Levi."

A small smile formed from his face. After this, is four decided to leave the restaurant.

*~*~*~*

"I really enjoyed this date, Levi. Thanks for everything." I said as soon as we left the restaurant. He paid for our food, so I practically couldn't stop giving some sense of gratitude.

"Don't mention it." He blew some hair from his face. Armin and Annie were ahead of us. I watched them socialize, and think of how their friendship has developed over the years. Armin must have really devoted himself to get close to her, because she used to be accused of the murder of his family.

I really hope they become more than friends. It would be sweet that way.

I mean I hope Annie could end up like the rest of us. She's been through a lot of torture in her life. She just wanted to be normal. She ended up getting kidnapped and tortured by the Titans. To think, if she didn't escape with Sasha and Connie, we wouldn't discover her until later on when we managed to eliminate all the Titans in Shiganshina.

"You know, I didn't have such a bad day myself." I snapped from reality when Levi interrupted my thoughts. "I think I'm going to enjoy being your boyfriend."

I blushed. He chuckled a bit and held my hand, which was a bit cold as I noticed earlier. I wish Annie's friendship with Armin or anyone she wishes to have a relationship with would evolve over the years, or in time maybe. Like mine. I didn't expect to be in a relationship with Levi, but it happened. Surprises happen.