Chapter 8: Safe

*Petra's POV*

"ohgodohgodohgod..." I think to myself repeatedly as the cold hand of the titan holds a strong grip on my neck with his other hand pointing a knife at my throat.

I begin to question myself to why I even agreed to be in this situation. Did they ever ask for my opinion about this fight? No. Did I have time to prepare or practice for this occasion? No. Did I expect the titan to come from behind instead of the entrance? Not even the slightest clue. And is it weird that Erwin could've called the cops for this instead of us? No-// well...probably.

But nooooo. Jean decided to step up and suddenly like murder all of a sudden. Giving such an INSPIRATIONAL speech to convince everyone to kill these insane assassins to proclaim victory to our school like some basketball coach. And now this guy's about to slide a knife down my throat and take my dear life away from me.

Its sad. I had so many things in plan for my future. I wanted to finish that sketch of Nico Yazawa, maybe getting a job as an amateur journalist and even finish watching Corpse Party. But I probably won't get to do any of this because I'm about to die --also this is most likely to be the most painful experience in my life since I'm about to get killed--

I'm worried about Mikasa, Hange and Isabel, though. How are they going to take it if I die? And Levi, too. Gosh, I never got to tell him my feelings, even if Mikasa said he probably has a clue about it already. Well, I hope he'll be okay without me, which he probably will be.

Apparently, before the titan was able to stab my throat, there was a gunshot that hit his chest, instantly killing him. I landed on the ground, confused. I faced the cold floor wondering.

It isn't impossible but it is really difficult to perfectly hit his chest at the angle the bullet came from. The only person I know that would be able to pull that off is...

No.

That's not right.

He wouldn't possibly-//

"Are you okay?" said a familiar voice as he lent his hand to me. I scanned him with my eyes from his hand to his face. It was him. It was Levi. He saved me.

My voice shook when I replied, "Yes, thank you..." I then took his hand and tried standing up, which obviously didn't work because I collapsed back to the ground.

"You said you were okay." he sighed and wrapped my arm around his neck.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine..." I let out a small fake laugh. I glanced at him to see he glared at me. Not in a cold way, but...in a worried one.

"Okay maybe I hurt my leg a little bit." I sighed in defeat. My eyes fluttered as if they were going to close. I could hear Levi clicking his tongue,

"Tch. That's not something you should talk so little about. Come on, let's go get you to safety."

I nod in agreement. He does the same thing and starts walking me back to the house. In the process, I was slightly red-faced. I mean who wouldn't be flustered when their crush wraps their arm around his neck helping them walk? I know its the worst timing but its getting to me.

Of course that moment was interrupted by the scene of Jean collapsed on the ground sobbing in front of the right half of Marco's corpse. The other half looked like it was already burnt.