Chapter 20: All The Others

*Marco's POV*

There we were. Standing a distance from each other, and everyone else just staring and not knowing how to respond. It was the costume party. All of my friends were wearing cosplays. Jean and I actually had matching costumes. We did not plan this.

"Hang on, Marco isn't dead?" Krista raises an eyebrows probably the first one to speak from this speechless crowd.

Ymir replies, "I guess so. You see horseface, I told you he didn't seem dead. There wasn't any legitimate footage."

"Jean already knew he wasn't dead." Redhead Isabel held her hips.

Ymir faced Jean, snickering, "And you didn't bother to say anything? Man, you are quite the handful."

In a few minutes, everything was back to normal. I just walked up to Jean, who, after greeting me, asked, "What're you doing here?"

I didn't want him to see me as a stalker or something so I just responded, "Just wanted to see how you were doing."

"Oh, alright..."

"Oh and I wanted to greet the others. You know, to see how they're doing too." I smiled.

However, the moment I said that, his smile looked like it was an unsure. He even added a fake laugh to it. Something must be going on.

"What's wrong about that?"

"Well..." He said sheepishly, "Remember when we found out you were alive? I mean everyone was happy to know you're alright, but finding out that you faked your death didn't really put many smiles to everyone's faces. Well, everyone except-//"

"MARCO!!!" Jean's statement was interrupted by Sasha and Connie leaping over to give me a hug...at the same time.

"Long time no see. Well not really, I mean I was there when we found out you were alive."

Sasha laughed at Connie's side comment, "Well I wasn't there so I can say it is really great to see you here! Alive and as a whole!" The brunette threw her hands in the air.

I just laughed. I enjoyed this moment, and I'm happy seeing Sasha and Connie like this. I wonder if they're a couple yet...

"We'll be seeing you guys around, Sasha and I will heading off spying on other people." Connie last said before they both took off.

"They seem really nice this evening." I watched as they scurried away, after that hearing a response from Jean,

"Sure they were happy seeing you again. It's Sasha and Connie. Don't expect the same nice greeting with the rest."

I sharply turned at Jean. What is up with him? He's been talking about this since he heard me saying I wanted to see everyone else? What's going on.

"Do you have a problem with me wanting to greet everyone else?"

He shook his head, "No."

I sighed in relief, until he said,

"They do have a problem seeing you."

That just caught my attention. He just kept talking,

"They heard you were faking your death with this suicide mission about the other Titans. They were as angry as I was when I found out. Eren stormed out of the room, Levi cursed out your name, and Armin just stated very quietly that he lost faith in you. Connie tried to convince everyone to forgive you, but nobody listened to him."

"..."

"...except Sasha because of course they're best friends."

I felt kinda bad about myself after that. I didn't know people were hurting because of what I did. "I want to apologize for what I did to everyone. Can you come with me?"

"Sure." And then he added, "As long as we start with...maybe Isabel first because she would be the one least mad at you at this point. And...lets just assume Levi will forgive you by the time everyone does so we should just not confront him."

"Good idea." I said with no hesitation...at that Levi part because we're all scared of Levi. Except Petra who's attracted to him, Hange who's annoying him, and Erwin who's just bossing him around.

I wanted to end on good terms with the others. Well now would be a good time to start.

*~*~*~*

"Um, it's really nice that you're apologizing, but faking your death is not cool Marco." Isabel crossed her arms, pouting childishly.

"She's right. You know you could've thought twice before your death, because Jean was quite the crybaby." Petra sneered.

We all just looked at Jean, who was eyeing everyone else. I just responded after that, "Look, I know you're both mad at me, and I have all the blame for it. I'm really sorry for everything."

Isabel gave Marco what seems to be an imitation of Levi's cold glare, before closing her eyes and sighing in defeat, "Alright. We forgive you."

"Good." I sighed too, before adding, "And do you mind telling everyone else I'm sorry, too? I'm a bit scared if I told...certain scary people like Hange and Levi."

"Sure." She cheekily smiled.

"Although...Levi will probably just forgive you when everyone else does."

"Ugh Petra stop reading my mind."

"Um Jean that's Armin's job. At high school while we were eating at the cafeteria, I said in my mind and I knew this was in my mind because my mouth was full. I thought to myself I wanted to go home. And Armin just said out of nowhere everyone wants to go home, Petra. And then I just started mentally dying."

"Okay first of all, you looked like you wanted to go home. " Jean said right after, "You had that face that said you wanted to go home. Armin wasn't reading your mind you were just being obvious."

"Yeah yeah. Anyways, I can probably convince everyone to forgive you. But you're gonna have to say to say sorry to Armin yourself because...he isn't going down easy."

"Fine." We both said.

*~*~*~*

"Hey look I'm not going down that easy!"
Armin raised his hands up while he just sat there on the staircase.

"I'm really sorry, okay!? What's it gonna take for you to forgive me!?"

"Look it is really unacceptable for me! I had to comfort Jean for like two years! He was in a terrible state not to mention he was a flight risk at absolutely everything!"

"CAN PEOPLE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT ME LIKE I WAS SOME STUPID CRYBABY!!"

"...but you were."

"SHUT UP!!"

"Okay I messed Jean up and I'm sorry!"

Armin sighed, "Alright. I forgive you." He smiled after that.